qc35 ii how to downgrade firmware to 2.0.1?

Highlighted
ruy
Audible Advocate

qc35 ii how to downgrade firmware to 2.0.1?

hello guys,
A few days ago, I bought this qc35 ii.In the beginning days, I felt that the noise reduction effect was really good.
But unfortunate things happened.I connected the headset with the app.Then the app prompts me that the new firmware can be upgraded, I upgraded the firmware.When the upgrade is complete, the sounds that were originally blocked can be heard suddenly. Because I was wearing headphones during the entire upgrade process, this contrast is very obvious.I really regret doing this stupid thing to upgrade the firmware.I just want to revert to the initial 2.0.1 firmware.But the bose website only has version 2.5.1.Does anyone know how to revert to 2.0.1?

52 REPLIES
Friendly Fanatic

Re: qc35 ii how to downgrade firmware to 2.0.1?

Hi ruy, sorry to disappoint you, also if you come back at 2.0.1 the problem still here, you don't have back the awesome ANC of the firmware 2.0.1, trust me an entire comunity have appurated this fact...

Hello ruy,

Thanks for joining the community!

Currently you only able to downgrade firmware to one previous version of current production software.  

Have you been able to check what the levels are for the noise cancellation setting in the Connect app? 

Can you try and downgrade the software and back up to production to see if overwriting the software helps?

Let us know how it goes!

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

Quiet Contributor

Hi Tony,

I just bought my headset 3 days ago and I must say i encounterd the same issue, how exactly do you rollback to previous firmware? I am not sure if the previous version is 2.0.1. Can u help me to find that?

Another issue that i encountered aswell when uppgrading to 3.1.8 is that  the Bose Connect App is not able to connect to the App. The headphones appear in the app with the image but its not able to connect with it. Im using an Android phone "Sony xperia z5 compact" with Android version 7.1.1

The Bose connect app version is 6.2.2.

UPDATE:

I found this post to downgrade to 2.5.1, however the issue still remains and i still can't connect the headset.

Clarification to inital is that the app actually worked before any uppgrade however I am not sure about the firmware version that was installed, suspecting 2.0.1 as the discussion is that it's the working version. 

Hi Lurre

Thanks for posting in the community!

You would not be able to downgrade as far back as the 2.0.1 firmware.  We have confirmed with development that the ANC was not altered during these updates.  

Regarding the app connection issues, can you try and clear the paired list on the headset by pushing the power button forward for about 10 seconds until the headset prompts the list is cleared.  Also you want to remove the headset from the mobile device, and start a fresh pairing again.

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

Quiet Contributor

Hi Tony!

Is there a reason not given the possibility to revert as far back?

Yes i tried that and it didnt work either. I just tried to uninstall the Bose connect app and reinstall it and it still doesnt work.

UPDATE:

I just restarted the phone and tried to run the app again and it works! Hard to find the problem if it's actually something Android OS itself being the issue or the app itself but it works now. Sorry for hijacking that part of this thread!

Audible Advocate

I can confirm this and I have the exact same experience.

Bought the headphones 2 days ago, all good and great ANC.

Installed APP on phone, was prompted for upgrade which I did and am now "stuck" with some background noice when ANC is on. Turning it off will remove the noice. Will return my headphones within a day or two unless firmware downgrade becomes available :-|.

Hi daso,

Thanks or posting. I am sorry that you are having trouble with your QC35 II. I would encourage you to check out this post. 

An ANC Note From Your Community Moderation Team

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

Audible Advocate

Hello, I live in Belarus, and I had a problem with an firmware. I bought earphones (Bose Quiet Comfort 2) a few days ago. Then I received updatings through a mobile application Bose connect. Quality of noise reduction became worse - I began to hear sounds in the subway and so on. I tried to return an old firmware,  but the company closed such opportunity on the site. I addressed in the authorized service in my country .. Workers of service promised me to help and to return an old firmware. I spent the time and brought earphones to service. Workers promised to call next day, but they did not call. I called itself, and workers of service told me that they cannot return an old firmware. I was outraged by this nonprofessional approach and waisting  my  time. The head of service (his name is Evgenii) answered me very roughly by phone. I arrived and took away earphones. I have two questions: 1) whether it is possible to return to an old firmware, with the best quality of noise reduction? 2) why service in Belarus works so nonprofessionally?

Hello Bratachkin

Thank you for joining the Community!  I'm sorry to hear about the troubles, but would be happy to help!  

At this point, the option to downgrade software has been removed.  HERE is a link that will explain in more detail.  

Regarding the noise cancellation, the link that Tony G above explains that there were no changes made to the ANR in the updates.

Warm Regards,

Tony A