Qc 35 user
Participant
Registered since

Feb 17, 2020

qc35 just lost all depth to the noise and emited a loud screech

QC 35 emitted an extraordinarily loud screech. like this couldn't be possible at even at full volume, right after it lost all depth to the sound. I don't know if it was my phone but I don't believe it would be as it is a galaxy s6. If it persists or isn't troubleshoot I will need a new unit, or tell me is this normal?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jeff_G

Re: qc35 just lost all depth to the noise and emited a loud screech

Author Accepted Answer selected by Qc 35 user

Hello QC35 user, 

Welcome to the Bose Community! 

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with your headphones. A screeching sound can sometimes occur if a feedback loop is created by the noise cancelling microphones interacting with the earcup's speakers. This rarely ever happens and is more likely to occur if the cushions are not attached correctly or are deteriorated. If this is what is happening, please try to remove the cushions and then re-attach them to see if the problem persists. 

If the cushions are worn, you may need to purchase replacements. These can generally be picked up on the Bose website or by reaching out to local support. Fitting replacement cushions is simple to do, details can be found here. If the cushions are not an issue, please speak to local support in your region to discuss your options for service.

Be sure to let me know how you get on!

All the best, 

Jeff G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Jeff_G

Author Accepted Answer selected by Qc 35 user

Hello QC35 user, 

Welcome to the Bose Community! 

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with your headphones. A screeching sound can sometimes occur if a feedback loop is created by the noise cancelling microphones interacting with the earcup's speakers. This rarely ever happens and is more likely to occur if the cushions are not attached correctly or are deteriorated. If this is what is happening, please try to remove the cushions and then re-attach them to see if the problem persists. 

If the cushions are worn, you may need to purchase replacements. These can generally be picked up on the Bose website or by reaching out to local support. Fitting replacement cushions is simple to do, details can be found here. If the cushions are not an issue, please speak to local support in your region to discuss your options for service.

Be sure to let me know how you get on!

All the best, 

Jeff G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

Qc 35 user
Participant
Registered since

Feb 17, 2020

Thank you! I now realize that this can happen with any headphones and it wasn't a hardware issue. Sorry I got a bit concerned.