Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 19, 2019

quiet comfort 35 II bluetooth not working after firmware upgrade

Yesterday I connected my headfones to my pc and uploaded to latest version.

My bluetooth no longer works and i cannot get pc to reconize them anymore.

I switch the power switch to the right for 10 seconds and no light come on for bluetooth.

I have also tried resetting tons of times.

Have i just wrecked my favourite headset?

Mark

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 19, 2019

Re: quiet comfort 35 II bluetooth not working after firmware upgrade

Or should i say has me updating the firmware, wrecked my expensive headset

Highlighted
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Jun 27, 2019

Here's an even worse situation after upgrading to the latest firmware: https://community.bose.com/t5/Around-On-Ear-Headphones/QC35-I-doesn-t-want-to-turn-on-after-3-0-3/m-.... Bose moderators don't bother to answer. If they contact you in private, be kind and let us all know how it went.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 19, 2019

Sorry to hear your having problems also.

2 days ago I had a working product, today the bluetooth no longer works.

I did not drop it from an aeroplane, did not drop it in the sea nor did i run over it with a tank. I simply let the bose updater do its job and update the firmware.

Mark

Highlighted

Hello Mark,

Thank you for messaging the community, I am very sorry to hear that you are having some connectivity issues with your product. We would like to do what we can to get this resolved for you. 

When sliding the power button to the Bluetooth icon for 10 seconds, was there any indication that your Bluetooth device list was cleared?

I would recommend in removing your Bluetooth connections from your mobile and computer devices to see if this provides any improvements, following this please reboot your devices. 

Also are you attempting to connect your headphones via the Bose Connect App to your mobile or directly via your Bluetooth settings?

I look forward to hearing from you. 

Tegan M - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 19, 2019

I have also noticed that noone of the other buttons do anything anymore

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 19, 2019

@Tegan_M wrote:

Hello Mark,

Thank you for messaging the community, I am very sorry to hear that you are having some connectivity issues with your product. We would like to do what we can to get this resolved for you. 

When sliding the power button to the Bluetooth icon for 10 seconds, was there any indication that your Bluetooth device list was cleared?

I would recommend in removing your Bluetooth connections from your mobile and computer devices to see if this provides any improvements, following this please reboot your devices. 

Also are you attempting to connect your headphones via the Bose Connect App to your mobile or directly via your Bluetooth settings?

I look forward to hearing from you. 

Tegan M - Community Support 

Tried everything here and also tried 3 other devices, no lights come on the bluetooth anymore

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Hello bob durban,

Thanks for getting back in touch, I am sorry to hear that you have had no luck with any of the troubleshooting that has been suggested by @Tegan_M. When you the Bluetooth had stopped working, do you mean that your device is not able to find the headphones or are you able to find the headphones but not able to connect?

There is a possibility that the update did not download fully, I would recommend that you try re-updating the headphones manually again. 

To install a Bose system update, follow these steps (Note A USB-A to USB-micro B cable is required for this update):

• Be sure the computer has internet connectivity, and that you're running a compatible operating system and web browser.

• Navigate to the Bose Bluetooth Device Updater page at btu.bose.com and select your product

• Click "Accept and Continue" to accept the terms of the Bose Updater

• Click "Download" to download the updater

• Once downloaded, open the file to install the updater, then connect the headphones to your computer via USB

• If an update is available, click "Apply Changes" to download the latest software.

• Once the system has been successfully updated, disconnect the headphones from the computer

I hope this helps, please let me know how you get on!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 19, 2019

ok tried this and it gets to 28% then crashes, tried on 3 different pc's

http://prntscr.com/ovgmv8

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since