Country

Italy

Firmware Version

1.8-2-11524

App Version

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on 

MS Windows 10

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

"Bose NC 700 Headphones Stereo" device was listed with the "Bose NC 700 Headphones Hands-Free AG Audio" but now no more listed in the available devices (for example from Amazon Music, Zoom, Teams audio device list)

The unavailability of the "Stereo" device makes my NC700 headphones unuseful for the musis listening (very poor quality).

How can I get back this "Stereo" Device? 

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

N/A

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

It has worked correctly for months. It suddenly disappeared

Any troubleshooting steps you took

Already removed from Windows 10 bluethooth devices: "Bose NC 700 HP" and LE-Bose NC 700 HP and from the IOS app the Windows10 source.

New discover and pair doesn't make the "Stereo" Device availble

11 REPLIES 11
Charlotte_G

Re: "Bose NC 700 Headphones Stereo" device no more avaiilable

Hey @mmmmatteoooo, welcome to the Bose Community!

Sorry to hear that you're no longer able to select the Stereo profile of your Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 when they're connected to your Windows 10 device.

You've already been through some great troubleshooting steps. Next, let's clear the pairing list on the headphones. To do this, hold the Bluetooth button for 10 seconds until you hear "Bluetooth device list cleared". Then, ensure that all instances of the headphones are removed from the Bluetooth list on your Windows 10 device. Now attempt to reconnect them and let me know if you're able to select the Stereo profile.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
mmmmatteoooo
Participant
Registered since

Mar 24, 2021

Ciao Charlotte,

thank you for your prompt reply.

I've just cleared device list as you suggested and discovered the headphones in a cleared situation on Windows (all Bose devices removed ).

Unfortunately I still don't find the "Stereo" device, but only the usual bad device.

This device is reported (see image) with a Driver Error notification.

Could this be cause of the issue?

How can I check and fix the driver (I haven't been installing drivers on windows for years!...)

Grazie

Matteo

mmmmatteoooo_0-1616689902779.png

Jessie_O

Thanks for coming back to us! 

This could be the reason you are experiencing these issues and I would definitely recommend updating the drivers.

I would also recommend an update of the headphones. I have included some steps HERE to help you with this. 

Let us know how you get on! 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
mmmmatteoooo
Participant
Registered since

Mar 24, 2021

Ciao Jessie,

that's the point: how to update Windows Driver (or fix the error message)?

Headsets are already uptodate.

Grazie

Matteo

Jeff_G

Hello, 

You can find instructions for updating drivers on Windows 10 by visiting this (non-Bose) link.

Thanks. 

mmmmatteoooo
Participant
Registered since

Mar 24, 2021

Ciao

I had already removed and re-installed all Audio and Bluetooth drivers (Windows said they were alredy up-to-date)

After discovery still the same situation.

Device Manager doesn't report "Bose NC 700 HP 700 Stereo" (only "Bose NC 700 HP Hands-Free AG Audio"

Bluetooth Settings reports a "Driver Error" under "Bose NC 700 HP" Audio Device.

Auto to fix this error?

Grazie

Matteo

Charlotte_G

@mmmmatteoooo Sorry that the issue persists. Do you have any success when connecting the headphones to an alternative device?

mmmmatteoooo
Participant
Registered since

Mar 24, 2021

Ciao Charlotte,

yes I have.

Reconfigured on an a clean Windows 10, I have the "Stereo" Device.

In Device Manager I can find some "Bose" Device under "Audio inputs and outputs" and under "Bluetoooth" I dont have on my Windows 10.

The questions remains the same: how to fix and have back the "Stereo" device in order to user the headphones?

After last test, now Amazon Music doesn't show at all any Bose devices!

Grazie

Matteo 

Vicky_W

@mmmmatteoooo, I see. As this works with other devices, we may want to speak to the laptop manufacturer and see if they have any thoughts. I would love to hear what they suggest.