Radical_Eevee
Participant
Registered since

Jun 15, 2020

"In Call" Glitch for Desktop Games with Voice Chat - Bose 700

I've been using the Bose 700 wireless headphones with my PC, which has been really nice for the most part, but I keep running into this issue, which has been REALLY bugging me. Whenever I launch games that have built in team communication, such as Destiny 2 or Starcraft 2, the headphones will instantly swap to the "in call" feature, similar to how it does when you answer your phone.

First the noise will swap from the "Headphones" Channel into a "Headset Channel," so you have to swap over to that to even hear anything (and I mean anything from any app, because it blocks out ALL other sounds) and it lets some of the sound bleed through the noise canceling. The audio quality drops to what you would expect out of some of the first TV systems, kind of static-ey and muffled, with a really low htz range.

I've attempted to force the apps to use the main channel, but still no sound comes through. The only work around I've found so far is to use the audio jack, but the thing is like 3-4 ft. long, so just long enough to reach the audio connector on the front of my computer, then I'm left with the problem of not being able to move without damaging the port or yanking the cord out. (Plus cords are really obnoxious)

Does anyone else know of a way around this? I really want to keep using my headphones on my desktop because the sound is great and I don't want to drop another $400 on a good headset if I can avoid it.