bgrinstein
Participant
Registered since

May 20, 2020

"out of warranty" for purchase 5 months ago?

Bose product name

QuietComfort® 25 Acoustic Noise Cancelling® headphones — Apple®

Country

USA

Firmware Version

uh?

App Version

uh?

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on

None

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

I checked "my products" in my account on Bose and it says "No longer in warranty". I bough them for a hefty sum in May 2020 (clearly less than a year ago) as replacement to headphones that were no longer in warranty. My question is whether buying a new product as replacement for an out of order one is sold with no warranty. And if so, I would like to know where was this explained when it was sold to me.

As a preemptive measure to a trivial but wrong response, namely that there is no warranty on discounted products: I would like to point out that these headphoens are discontinued and the discounted price I received  was the same that one could find from online retailers at the time, so it cannot be that the discount price signifies no warranty.

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

I only noticed this today when I looked for warranty information after I discovbered aa problem with th eheadphones

5 REPLIES 5
Tegan_M

Re: "out of warranty" for purchase 5 months ago?

Hello,

I apologize for the confusion this has caused, our system is taking into account your product's Date of Manufacture as your warranty period.

You stated that this was a replacement through Bose, therefore we will be able to confirm your new product warranty period within our system. All replacement products do come with a new warranty included.

If you have any further questions, do let us know. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
joelirwin
Expert
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

@Tegan_MJust to clarify any confusion here

> our system is taking into account your product's Date of Manufacture as your warranty period.

I thought the one year warranty starts from the date of purchase.  So if someone goes to say an Apple retail store and purchases a QC35i that has been sitting on their shelf say for 2 years, do they still have a one year warranty?

Charlotte_G

@joelirwin Yes. If a proof-of-purchase is provided that shows they were purchased within a year, they will be covered under warranty.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
bgrinstein
Participant
Registered since

May 20, 2020

Thanks for the explanation. Indeed the date of purchase rather than the date of manufacturing is the only reasonable way to start the clock on warranties. Actually, in the case at hand the delivery of the product occurred almost two weeks after purchasing on-line, so *that* should be the start of clock, but at this point this is a relatively minor distinction.

Armed with this information I got on the phone and after 4 hrs of being bamboozled around with a combination of inordinate waiting time and cockamamie stories about the system being down hence only being able to check but not fix the problem, I got nowhere and was disconnected. So I tried chat with text messaging "text "BOSE to ...). This, after 29 frustrating hours (yes, started one morning continued through the night and ended mid morning the next day)  yielded a result, but not exactly what I was asking for: my headphones will be replaced. This is because I have a suspicion something is wrong with my QC25, they produce a faint white-noise when I turn them on while  quiet outside. While I did not find it pressing to take care of this problem, I did want to know that the warranty was in place.  However, the only way to fix the "out of warranty" record, it seems, is to issue a replacement order (as zero cost to me).

Wow!

Airee
Participant
Registered since

Feb 19, 2021

I have experienced the same issue, where I bought my refurbished qc ii headphones just less than a year ago (26/02/20), yet after attempting to submit the repair form the site tells me they are out of warranty. One of the hinges just broke off today, and I want to get it repaired. Is there any way to work around this issue? I cannot ask for a repair through the site because of the warranty issue.