Participant
Registered since

Apr 16, 2020

right ear static and poor sound quality

Hi,

I bought QC35ii noise cancelling headphones through a retailer's online shop.  Since the beginning, the right ear emits static and has poor sound quality.  The static may reduce over 10 minutes or so nut it is still there and very noticeable. They also need to be within about 1-1.5m and line of sight to the device.  The quality is not close to the quality I had expected from a premium marque such as Bose.

I originally raised this with the retailer and they apparently contacted Bose and a firmware upgrade was suggested would resolve the issue.  It hasn't.  As it is, the limitations are so profound as to render the headphones close to useless.    Do you have any other suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: right ear static and poor sound quality

Hi Marcsone, 

I am sorry to hear that you're getting poor audio from your headphones. I would love to do what I can to help. 

Have you ensured that the headphone cushions are securely connected?

Does this also occur when you use a cabled connection as well as a Bluetooth connection?

I would also suggest in rotating through the Noise Cancellation levels to see if this provides any improvements?

I look forward to hearing from you. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Participant
Registered since

Apr 16, 2020

Hi There Tegan,

The cushions appear to be attached securely, thanks for the tip.

I tried connecting with cable (so that it's not wireless) and thought for a moment this may have resolved the issue.  Sadly however the distortion, whilst lessened for a time was still there and increased with intensity from time to time.

I didn't get any change from different noise cancelling levels.  The interference has been so profound from time to time that my partner has heard it sitting next to me.   Given the different intensities of noise, perhaps there is a dry socket or similar on this one as other Bose products I have, have been excellent.

As they are still new, could I suggest replacement and you can test the headphones.  

Thanks for trying this troubleshooting, I am sorry that this persists. 

I would suggest you reach out to your local product support team to look into service.  You can reach out to your local support team via clicking this link and selecting your region, this will redirect you to our website. Please scroll to the bottom of the website and there you will find a 'Contact Us' tab, this will provide you with all the relevant contact information for your country.

The health of our customers, employees, suppliers and partners is a top priority for Bose. As we work through the impact of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) you may experience longer waiting times than expected. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Please check the Bose Support website, where you will find a number of options that may help address your need.

Thank you.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!