ANTREcote
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 16, 2021

[suggestion/issue] How to change the noise cancelling level when using wired connection with the QC3

Hi,

How to change the noise cancelling level when using a wired connection (like in an airplane) on the Bose QC 35 II?
It seems that it is on on high level by default.

I set up the left button to control the ANC level but when I press it while using a wired connection, I am not able to hear any voice prompt about the level so I am guessing it just does not change it.

How to do so? Is there a fix? If not can you fix it for the next firmware version?
Thanks.

Bose product name

QC 35 II

Country

FR

Firmware Version

App Version

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on
Android

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

1. Connect the headset with a wired connection
  2. Turn it on
  3. Press the left button (ANC control)

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

everywhere

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

no

Any troubleshooting steps you took

Set the left button to control the ANC level

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Keith_L

Re: [suggestion/issue] How to change the noise cancelling level when using wired connection with ...

Author Accepted Answer selected by ANTREcote

Hi ANTREcote,

Welcome to the Community, thanks for joining us!

Currently, when using the headphones with the audio cable it is not possible to change the ANC level on the headphones. They will default to the high ANC level, and the action button will not be able to adjust the level when using the audio cable. 

As adjusting the ANC level while using the audio cable is something that you would like to be able to do with your headphones, I will be sure to pass this feedback along to our development team for consideration. I can't say for certain whether allowing the noise cancellation level to be changed while in wired mode is something that they would be able to add to the headphones, but I will make sure they know it is something you would be interested in seeing in the future.

If you have any other feature requests or suggestions let us know and I'll pass those along too. We always love hearing what suggestions you have for how we can improve our products!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Keith_L

Re: [suggestion/issue] How to change the noise cancelling level when using wired connection with ...

Author Accepted Answer selected by ANTREcote

Hi ANTREcote,

Welcome to the Community, thanks for joining us!

Currently, when using the headphones with the audio cable it is not possible to change the ANC level on the headphones. They will default to the high ANC level, and the action button will not be able to adjust the level when using the audio cable. 

As adjusting the ANC level while using the audio cable is something that you would like to be able to do with your headphones, I will be sure to pass this feedback along to our development team for consideration. I can't say for certain whether allowing the noise cancellation level to be changed while in wired mode is something that they would be able to add to the headphones, but I will make sure they know it is something you would be interested in seeing in the future.

If you have any other feature requests or suggestions let us know and I'll pass those along too. We always love hearing what suggestions you have for how we can improve our products!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

bosecableuser
Participant
Registered since

Apr 4, 2021

Arrived here after buying a pair of these recently and realising that ANC is always set to "high" when using the cable. 

As "high" audibly degrades the sound quality I would prefer to be able to change ANC to "low". 

Initially found a thread from 2017 with many frustrated users asking for this.................

And it still hasn't been fixed? Yet you roll out updates to firmware on a regular basis adding "features" that nobody needs? 

Please, get a grip! I didn't pay $300 for a pair of headphones to be forced to turn off ANC to get better sound quality! 

Cheers
Cable User