Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 7, 2020

turn off bose 700

I have followed the indications to turn off the headphones by pressing the bluetooth button, however it clears the list of devices which forces me to connect again each and single time with the headphones and also it does not disconnnect. it simply says that bluetooth is off. when i reach out to use the headphones again the battery is totally gone and need recharging...

this is really a complicated device to use and it could be so simple...

4 REPLIES 4
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Re: turn off bose 700

To be honest it should be simple but it may be that you are holding the button too long

Turn on - Single press (you hear a startup tone)

Turn off - Single press (you hear a shutdown tone)

BT Pairing mode - Hold for 3 seconds (Ready to pair)

Turn BT off - hold for around 5 seconds

Clear BT device list - Hold for around 10 seconds.

There should also be an auto off feature to conserve battery, but that may have switched off so check that in the Bose Music app.

Highlighted

Hello Joao,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community. I would be happy to help with this.

It does sound like @Morlock is correct here and the power button is being held longer than it should be, causing the Bluetooth list to be cleared. It is just a press and release of the button to power on and off the headphones.

You can find more information on the controls for these headphones HERE.

There is an auto-off timer available in the Bose Music app as @Morlock mentioned. It usually defaults to 'Never' but you can change this so that the headphones do not stay powered on in normal use.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Kind Regards,

Keith L - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 7, 2020

thanks this was good info; woundering why was so difficult to get to that info nothing was mentioned on the box / booklet, and nothing also on the internet

done

thanks

Highlighted

Hey Joao, 

I am glad we were able to help. 

Do let us know if you need anything in the future. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.