Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
t.rommel
Participant
Registered since

Oct 1, 2019

Re: NCH700 Wind Noise

@Zoe_CStill no update from your side/Bose? The wind noise is super annoying... Shouldn't be that hard to fix, since it was also covered in the firmware update for the QC 35 ii. Whereby the medium A N C level was specifically targeted for windy environments.

Majorvanbam
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 6, 2019

• Are you on a call when you notice the wind noise? No
  • What device are you using? Google pixel 2 and Bose 700
  • What sources are you streaming through the headphones? Pocket cats but every software I use has same issue
  • What are your Self-Voice settings in the Bose Music app? I've tried everything from 0-10

Mgt
Participant
Registered since

Dec 7, 2019

Same thing for me when using compressed air.

Cancelallthenoise
Collaborator
Registered since

Oct 23, 2019

The tornado sound the bose 700 creates if there is wind outside is unbearable. Please fix it!!!!

rohit.chen
Participant
Registered since

Dec 9, 2019

NC700 Wind Problems, IT HAS BEEN 5 MONTHS!!!

It has been 5 months and there is still no fix for the wind issues on the NC700, what is going on Bose?

I and many others have posted about the wind problems.

They are very east to replicate, simply stand outside on just a slightly windy day and you hear lots of wind noise coming from the drivers.

The QC35's are perfect with wind, the middle noice cancellation mode deals with it perfectly. Surely it is relatively simple to implement a software change which you have done in the past? what is going on???

When can expect an update with a fix?

Mgt
Participant
Registered since

Dec 7, 2019

Re: NC700 Wind Problems, IT HAS BEEN 5 MONTHS!!!

Hello Bose? Can you confirm that this is a software issue? If it’s hardware there’s no use in waiting around for a software update. I’ve tried everything mentioned in this thread to no avail. My QC35s didn’t have any issues with this at all.

Majorvanbam
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 6, 2019

• All 

I have spoken to Bose in Australia. They basically confirmed, after a vigorous discussion!, that it is a software problem but have no date for a solution. My suggestion is return the headphones and look elsewhere.

apparently the new Sony headphones are great with wind 

Wayne_M
Lead Community Manager

Thanks everyone who commented on this thread. The NC 700s utilize external microphones to enhance noise-cancelling performance. Under the right conditions, wind passing over these microphones can cause audible noise in the ANR system.

This is something we are actively working on improving through a software update, however I do not have any detail on the timing for the release of this feature. Thank you for your patience and I will post once I have more details!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply. If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
runn3rshigh
Contributor
Registered since

May 5, 2018

If you:

1. Have an iphone

2. Really care about this wind noise feature

3. Usually don't mind in-ear headphones

Return your Bose 700's and just buy Airpods Pro.  They handle wind noise way way better.  They are very natural in a surprisingly good way.  I had to modify mine with some foam ear tips to get the fit I like.

I can ride my bicycle pretty fast and I get little bits of wind noise but its nothing like jarring and loud white noise I get on the 700's.

Majorvanbam
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 6, 2019

It was under all conditions!

Paying so much for headphones and getting a response that says no date for resolution isn't really good enough.

Glad I returned mine already

I suggest everyone do the same

The new Sony headphones are excellent