Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 9, 2019

Re: NC700 Wind Problems, IT HAS BEEN 5 MONTHS!!!

Hi Wayne!

You are the community manager, please just get in contact with some higher ups and demand an answer because your customers are returning bose headphones in great numbers because of this, maybe me included.... it cannot be this hard to care about your customers! when the new sony xm4:s will be released soon bose will be eaten alive if you do not start caring about your customers!

BR

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 26, 2019

Re: wind noise in 700

I have the same exact problem. Sometimes when i turn on my headphones (That are brand new, i got them yesterday), they sometimes sound like they should, other times, this wird uncomfortable wind sound appear in the right ear. This sounds terrible, and makes the listening experience super uncomfortable. When i pay 400dollars for a pair of headphones, i expect them to atleast dont have terrible wrongs with them. Other times, the headphones cut out, and when they do this, they cut out every other secound, and this is also extremaly frustraiting. 

Previously i have owned a pair of qc15, qc25, qc35 and qc35II, and i can guarantee that theese are the most faulty headphones out of the bounch, I really do regret buying theese and selling my qc35II, because the qc35II were the best headphones i have ever owned, and the noice cancelling headphones are actually the worst and most faulty headphones i have ever owned... Really dissapointing. The wind noice seems to be a problem with the noice cancellation, because when this is turned of, the problem is also gone. The problem with the headphones cutting out though, is still a problem...

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 29, 2019

Same issue here. Really disappointed, especially as in bought these as an upgrade for my QC35s. Hope Bose will fix with a software patch on the short term...

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 29, 2019

... in addition, when I turn off the noise cancelling in the app, sound becomes bearable again. Funny enough, setting is to noice cancel level "zero" is not the same thing as "off", and even at level zero the wind keeps cracking.

That also seems to be something that should be fixed with a software update, it would allow you to at least rotate through your presets to "off/zero" and use them in the wind. 

Not that that's an acceptable workaround for 400 euro headphones, but yeah...

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 29, 2019

... and that workaround also doesn't work when the app won't let you connect to the headphones. Something I experienced myself, but also happens more often as Bose wrote a page on it: https://www.bose.com/en_us/support/article/bose-music-app-will-not-connect-to-headphones.html

Come on Bose, get your stuff together! 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 12, 2020

While we wait for a wind noise fix, how about offering us some kind of covers to go over the headphones. Would that block the noise?

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 13, 2019

Are we getting an update on this? On the QC35ii it is working with the medium NC setting..

Highlighted

Hello Everyone, 

I am sorry but we do not have any updates on this issue. We have passed this information to the development team and are awaiting a response. 

As soon as we have an update, you guys will be the first to know. 

I am sorry that I do not have more information. But thank you all for your patience surrounding this. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 22, 2020

Hi,

I’m having the same issue.

Here are few suggestions:

1. There is a wind noise even when only listening to a music. The microphones should be off at this point (you can fix this fast with a firmware update). I’ve set my voice assistant to Siri and I disabled the wake word so that it doesn’t have microphones on all the time, but still, it didn’t fix this issue. 

2. When I’m riding a bike, I tried to turn my head to the left or right and the wind noise disappears. Obviously the front two microphones are on when listening to a music and they reproduce the noise. Should we put a selo tape over them? 😅

3. When on the phone call, it does reduce a wind noise a bit when you set to hear your voice at lower levels but it is an annoying workaround for a pair of headphones that cost 560$. 

@bose, you all work from home now. How about working on these issues when we need it the most? 

Thank you!

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 17, 2020

Hi,

So is your issue referring to a constant wind / humming sound when the NC is on? As some other people seem to be talking about the wind sound when outside. 

Mine have recently developed a constant humming on the LHC that gets louder when I turn the NC down. 

Cheers

Andy