Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yalincetingoz
Participant
Registered since

May 7, 2020

Re: wind noise in 700

Hello,

Is this porblem still recent? I was planning to buy these headphones in the weekend and just saw this topic now. I ride my bike everyday at least 1 hour and I do listen to music or do phone calls when I am on the bike. Did Bose fix this problem? I don't want to pay 350€ and hear a constant wind noise.

Thanks for the answers in advance.

Briken
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 12, 2020

I had the previous Bose headphones and they were better at wind noise cancelation. Maybe Bose will get to this problem with a software or hardware fix.  I'm sure they know about it. 

Abro
Participant
Registered since

Mar 22, 2020

It is way better when you reduce the “self voice” in the settings. I’m impressed with the microphones and the wind noise is something they can work on later in the software updates. 

I would advise you to get them, test them for 30 days and see if that works for you. 

Maahesh
Contributor
Registered since

May 7, 2020

Hey I am like a bose fanboy . This issue was raised way back and they still haven't fixed it . Please do not get the headphones unless Bose issues a fix. They need to get serious about taking their customer complaints seriously . Don't waste your money now . They are still not able to fix the bose music app yet; I am so pessimistic when I see the progress over fixing this wind noise (which sounds like a dinosaur roaring to the person on the other end of the call). As a true fanboy I am just disappointed with bose . Don't waste you money mate.

Samoht
Participant
Registered since

May 23, 2020

Sorry for bumping an old topic!

This happens to me with my week old nc700, especially during a call. I set my voice volume to high, what is weird is that I can hear wind and traffic noise very loudly... But only from the left side. The right side is waaay more silent. Is it "normal"?

br0wnd0g23
Participant
Registered since

Jan 12, 2021

NC700 wind issue

NC700 seems to have a massive wind noise problem when running. No wind really to talk about. 

Customer service seems to want to check if there is water damage. 

This was the first time out the box. 

Surely a premium expensive product shouldn't cause this. 

And to top it off.  They want to chargee 240 HKD to pick up the headphones for return. 

Not good in any way 

pdoumas
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 19, 2021

Re: NC700 wind issue

wow, I tried out the qc35 ii and was pretty happy with them with the primary exception of the stupid lack of a conversation mode. I was very impressed by the wind management when putting them into low NC mode.  I returned them and am now trying the 700s. The conversation mode is great. I figured the 700s would be just as good if not better at wind management as the 35s with their (seemingly unnecessarily) high number of NC settings. Not sure exactly what specifically changes between those settings. Anyway, sadly, these are TERRIBLE in almost any amount of wind. I think I’m going to try the Sony 1000xm4 next since it sort of seems like Bose customer service is mediocre at best nowadays when it comes to fixing major issues with their very expensive products... 

pdoumas
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 19, 2021

Re: NC700 wind issue

PS I am a student pilot. since Bose customer support seems to acknowledge problems and then do nothing about them for literally years, I will be buying the David Clark One-x instead of the Bose a20. Shame 

sqbnz
Participant
Registered since

Jun 20, 2021

Hi,

I am also facing the same problem and I want to explain the conditions under which I m facing this problem.
During cycling (10-20 km/h), I want to use the headphones. If I set the NC level to 10 then the wind noise is quite reduced and the headphones are usable. But then I don't hear any other sound. But I want to hear the sound of the vehicles coming from the back side. I start lowering the NC level and the wind noise starts getting up. At NC level 0, the wind noise is so high that I can't hear the music. It seems like at NC level 0, the noise cancellation doesn't turn off, it starts passing the external sounds to the ears and this is what causing the problem. If you could provide a way to turn off NC completely (cycling mode, windy mode), I think this problem can be resolved. And it will definitely increase the battery time too.