Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
VIP
Registered since

Jun 9, 2017

Re: Add 3 more presets to SoundTouch

Bose Best Answer selected by Community Manager Jason_G

PRESETS! Great question...

We obviously feel that presets are a big piece of the SoundTouch experience. As I have mentioned in the past we are reluctant to overload the buttons with long presses and multi-presses because of the potentially confusing user experience. We try to focus on the user knowing EXACTLY what they are getting when they hit that button. That said, we are looking at adding more presets via software, expanding out the capabilities of Recents/Favorites in the app, and beyond that we are looking to do more with presets both on and off the hardware going forward.

9 REPLIES 9
Steven
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jan 22, 2017

Yes! 6 is not enough!
Marty K.
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jan 9, 2016

If the extra presets are going to be done via software, as Bose''s product manager has previously hinted at, it should be way more than 3 extra ones.  Really, it should be unlimitted or at least a very large number.  6 presets is for 1980's car steroes, not modern audio equipment.  

jmurphy
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 17, 2015

Add way more software favorites/presets

I appreciate the limited space to physically add preset buttons.

I would however like to see more preset or favorites offered by way of the app. These would be app only presets and offered in addition to the hardware buttons.
magic100
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jan 23, 2017

Re: Add way more software favorites/presets

I agree with above posts, need more presets.
wielkizderzacz
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Apr 11, 2017

Re: Add way more software favorites/presets

We can easily have 18 presets immediately, by adding long click and double-click interactions to existing physical buttons.

Highlighted
VIP
Registered since

Jun 9, 2017

Bose Best Answer selected by Community Manager Jason_G

We obviously feel that presets are a big piece of the SoundTouch experience. As I have mentioned in the past we are reluctant to overload the buttons with long presses and multi-presses because of the potentially confusing user experience. We try to focus on the user knowing EXACTLY what they are getting when they hit that button. That said, we are looking at adding more presets via software, expanding out the capabilities of Recents/Favorites in the app, and beyond that we are looking to do more with presets both on and off the hardware going forward.

wielkizderzacz
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Apr 11, 2017

Thanks for the answer!. Are you looking to include next track or shuffle somehow via smart 'intent detection', without double-press or long press? These are basic things we'd like to do without having to look for the remote or a phone:

- i press the preset to play my playlist

- i decide I woul like to have it shuffled, as I've listened to the first songs dozens of times and rarely got to the last ones

- I decide I want to skip a song I don't particularilly like at the moment.

rickatk
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@Mike_A_Bose wrote:

We obviously feel that presets are a big piece of the SoundTouch experience. As I have mentioned in the past we are reluctant to overload the buttons with long presses and multi-presses because of the potentially confusing user experience. 

Agree, having 6 physical buttons on the remote and the speaker is plenty. Anymore just gets confusing and bloated. Enhancing the software with "recents" would be handy. I find use recents on Apple Music quite often.

wielkizderzacz
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Apr 11, 2017

Well, Apple and Google seem to think more highly of their users and make long-press one of their central UI interaction concepts in iOS and Andriod;)