Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mpf541
Advocate
Registered since

Oct 5, 2014

Apple Music

So are qwe ever going to get a good answewr ifv this will ever come to soundtouch. It seems that all you ever say is we are looking at it but can't say any more. I have been buying Bose products for years now and and really would like an answer to this question. 

Are Bose and Apple ever going to work things out. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mike_A_Bose
VIP
Registered since

Jun 9, 2017

Re: Apple Music

Author Accepted Answer selected by Jason_G

Hi, 

With the announcement of Airplay 2, this is the lead-in to playing Apple Music on your SoundTouch speakers.

There has been a good deal of talk around Bose and Apple on the forum, to that topic; As evidenced by the Airplay announcement this week, Bose and Apple will and DO work together when their goals are aligned.  We deliver things together, as partners, when it makes sense, when it aligns to our strategies, but most importantly when we can deliver value to our mutual customers. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Mike_A_Bose
VIP
Registered since

Jun 9, 2017

Author Accepted Answer selected by Jason_G

Hi, 

With the announcement of Airplay 2, this is the lead-in to playing Apple Music on your SoundTouch speakers.

There has been a good deal of talk around Bose and Apple on the forum, to that topic; As evidenced by the Airplay announcement this week, Bose and Apple will and DO work together when their goals are aligned.  We deliver things together, as partners, when it makes sense, when it aligns to our strategies, but most importantly when we can deliver value to our mutual customers. 

View solution in original post

wielkizderzacz
Advisor
Registered since

Apr 11, 2017

When will that happen? In December, when Airplay2 and HomePod are released? Later?

rickatk
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

AirPlay 2 is supposed to start showing up with iOS 11.

wielkizderzacz
Advisor
Registered since

Apr 11, 2017

In ST products? Where was that said?  I know when Apple is releasing it, I still don't know when Bose is going to implement it in their products. 

gggg
Collaborator
Registered since

Dec 28, 2015

I might be late to the party, but based on the product mgr's reply above I take it Bose will get a firmware update to enable Airplay 2 functionality. Right?

And it's not going to take months and years to roll out, right?