Speaker switching, App-Setup

SOLVED
Audible Advocate

Speaker switching, App-Setup

Dear Mr. Angelo

I want to use this opportunity to give a little feedback, I'm using ST-App and devices for around half a year now.

The way how speaker switching is done is very inconvenient for me. What I mean is: I start listening to one ST-Device in one room. When I add another ST-device, both play music - as wanted. But it is unfortunaly impossible to switch off the first speaker later, and keep the second one running. Switching off the first one, also stops the second one. Is this a tecnical (hardware) reason why this is solved in this way? It would be much better (at least for me) to switch speakers arbitrary, instead of adding/removing them to the first device i have started with.

Secondary remarks:

• Choosing "Internet Region" in speaker setup is also very heavy. In my region (Austria, Europe) there are thousands of choices, sorted from A-Z. To choose my place that starts with an "R", I have to scroll and pet my phone for around 5-10 minutes to arrive position "R", because there is no input box to type letters. I'm glad that this is an unique process (per device).
  • Would be nice, when intro animation could be deactivated for faster start.

I'm using Samsung Galaxy A3 (2016) Android 6.0.1, and latest App-Version now.

Kind regards,

Simon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Speaker switching, App-Setup

Thanks for being a SoundTouch customer, and thanks for your feedback. The issue you reference is a byproduct of how we synchronize audio across multiple rooms. Every architecture has tradeoffs — we chose our solution because it works reliably across a diverse range of unpredictable wireless environments. And I don’t foresee that we are going to revisit this anytime soon. I know this isn’t a satisfactory answer, but I’m just trying to be fully transparent.

To your secondary remarks, we’re aware of the internet radio region issue. We don’t have a good solution to this right now, but fortunately it’s a one-time step. Regarding the startup animation, I don’t believe that removing it would actually lead to a faster startup. There is some time required to fire up the app, establish connections, etc.

Thanks again for reaching out.

1 REPLY
Highlighted

Re: Speaker switching, App-Setup

Thanks for being a SoundTouch customer, and thanks for your feedback. The issue you reference is a byproduct of how we synchronize audio across multiple rooms. Every architecture has tradeoffs — we chose our solution because it works reliably across a diverse range of unpredictable wireless environments. And I don’t foresee that we are going to revisit this anytime soon. I know this isn’t a satisfactory answer, but I’m just trying to be fully transparent.

To your secondary remarks, we’re aware of the internet radio region issue. We don’t have a good solution to this right now, but fortunately it’s a one-time step. Regarding the startup animation, I don’t believe that removing it would actually lead to a faster startup. There is some time required to fire up the app, establish connections, etc.

Thanks again for reaching out.