Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 20, 2020

5 pin to 2 plug adapter

I just received a proflight series 2 as a gift.  It has the 5 pin connector, but I'm transitioning to an aircraft with a 2 plug connected in a little over a month.  can this connector be changed, or does Bose make an adaptor?  thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Re: 5 pin to 2 plug adapter

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 20, 2020

unfortunately I need a 5pin to 2 plug not the 6 pin

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Mar 12, 2020

Hi Prduepilot,

From your description, the 5 Pin Headset connector you mention is normally called a 5 pin XLR that have been around for years, mostly in the entertainment industry.

For your existing use, it will have one Pin that takes power from the Aircraft (12-24VDC) that powers the Noise cancelling and Bluetooth in flight.

If you use it on an Aircraft or Heli using a conventional XLR to Dual Plug Adaptor, it will work fine but not having any power available, will run full time on Batteries for both noise cancelling and Bluetooth once selected on. It is best to carry spares for use like this if I were you?

You can source an Adaptor. Not sure which part of the world you are in but if you search for XLR to Dual Plug Aviation Adaptor, it will most likely help. I did a quick check on the Bose Accessories Website but can only see a 6 pin (Lemo) to Dual Plug, which is not your plug from your description.

Hope this helps,

Larry