Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 12, 2020

A20 Bluetooth cable recall

Hello, I have an older A20 headset, very good, the best, but find my Bluetooth version is not A2DP compatible and will not stream audio from the navigation program on my new Ipad Pro 2018. There is a newer cable, I know, but wonder if my headset is subject to one of the Bose recalls? Thanks for any help, James, UK.

[ Edited by moderator ] 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: A20 Bluetooth cable recall

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Hector_B

Thanks for updating us on this @jamespearce

This headset should come with A2DP! If you would like you can private message @Community_Admin the headsets serial number and we can verify this for you 😊.

Please don't post your serial number on the community publically as this is against community guidelines.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Hello Jamespearce! 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. 

There aren't any recalls for the A20 so this isn't something that would apply to your headset. From the serial number that you posted, we were able to see that the headset was manufactured almost 10 years ago, so AD2P would not have been implemented into the down cable.

To make your headphones feature A2DP, you will need to purchase a new down cable for the headset. You can find all of our cables here.

Please let us know if you have any other questions. 

Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Participant
Registered since

Mar 12, 2020

Thanks Hector. I've got my eye on a preloved 2016 (Eighth digit a 6 ?) built A20 which should have the later Bluetooth A2DP ? Cheers, James.

Highlighted

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Hector_B

Thanks for updating us on this @jamespearce

This headset should come with A2DP! If you would like you can private message @Community_Admin the headsets serial number and we can verify this for you 😊.

Please don't post your serial number on the community publically as this is against community guidelines.

View solution in original post