Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 18, 2020

A20 Low impedance

Anyone have any ideas as to where you find the Low Impedance Mic option for the A20?

Bose website doesn't seem very helpful - have an aircraft with Low Impedance and LEMO connector and need BT option. Does it exist?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: A20 Low impedance

Hey John, 

Thanks for posting. Welcome to the Bose Community. 

I can certainly look into this for you. Can you please confirm the aircraft you are flying and the country you live in?

Furthermore, are you using the A20 for leisure, domestic flights or military purposes? 

Thanks, 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Participant
Registered since

Feb 18, 2020

Hi Jeff,

Aircraft is Airbus H145 helicopter.

Units fitted are 324843-2140 HDST ASSY, A20, 5-OHM, 6-PIN LEMO, FLEX PWR.

I need to fit 2 x Bluetooth replacement cable assemblies for use in the cockpit.

Interestingly our 135 is High Impedance which makes life interesting in a mixed fleet as headsets not compatible between aircraft!!

I guess it made sense to someone?

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Mar 12, 2020

Hi John,

The Bose A20 series with Low Impedance Mics only come with Non Bluetooth. I have never heard of a reason from Bose but I would think it is because the Low Imp Mic systems were primarily the early versions of Heli with Military designed Station Boxes, which were designed with Low Imp Pre Amplifiers.

The A109 E (Power) for instance is low imp and unable to accept a Blutooth Mic Assy on an A20, as it has an Electret Mic only. You can plug one in if you have a Lemo Version, and you can hear and listen to music or Telephone, but it won't work with the Heli Station Box as it will only accept Low Imp Mics. And I mean Mic systems, as it is not just the stalk, but the whole electronics right up to the Earphone.

Larry