Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 17, 2020

A20 Mic Issue

I have a 10 year old A20 and last summer at Oshkosh the fine folks at Bose replaced my mic and the whole assembly. Today the mic did not work at all in my airplane. Audio and noise cancelling works fine. It worked fine last week! There is no visible damage to the headset or wiring. I tried it on all four of the airplane’s mic jacks and then I got my Bose X out that worked just fine. Weird.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: A20 Mic Issue

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Hector_B

Hey @OSUAV8TR,

That indeed sounds weird! Especially since your audio and noise-cancelation is still active and working.

You've mentioned trying it in various jacks, with no improvement. Also, as I would usually recommend, you've managed to find a different headset (Bose X) that works fine. That'd leave me to believe there is likely a minor issue with the A20 headset microphone.

However, we are able to help you with that! My advice would be to contact the Aviation team for your region to discuss the service options available to you. To do this, simply head to Global Contact Us > Select your country > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Click 'Contact Us'.

They will find you the resolution you need. In the meantime, let me know if you have any other questions!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: A20 Mic Issue

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Hector_B

Hey @OSUAV8TR,

That indeed sounds weird! Especially since your audio and noise-cancelation is still active and working.

You've mentioned trying it in various jacks, with no improvement. Also, as I would usually recommend, you've managed to find a different headset (Bose X) that works fine. That'd leave me to believe there is likely a minor issue with the A20 headset microphone.

However, we are able to help you with that! My advice would be to contact the Aviation team for your region to discuss the service options available to you. To do this, simply head to Global Contact Us > Select your country > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Click 'Contact Us'.

They will find you the resolution you need. In the meantime, let me know if you have any other questions!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post