Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 31, 2020

A20 Microphone Problem

I purchased and starting using the A20s (Brand New) less than a month ago and I've been using them almost daily for several hours a day ever since. Recently, I've been having a weird issue where when I speak I sound muffled, distorted, quiet, or sometimes, not audible at all. This issue happens at seemingly random intervals. I may have a flight where it does not happen at all versus other flights were it happens pretty frequently throughout the flight. I've found that moving the Mic. cable where it is attached to the headset sometimes fixes the issue but I'm not too sure. I switched the side that the mic is placed on and all the connecting pins are in good shape. I fly many different aircraft so I know it's not an aircraft issue. It's an issue that is ruining an otherwise great headset. The obvious option would send them in to Bose but after reading other forums I'd rather not wait a month to get them back only to have the same issue present itself again. A point could also be made that headphones at this price point should be bullet-proof, especially when I've only owned them for a month. I shouldn't have to worry about losing comms. every five minutes. Any suggestions for a solution would be appreciated, maybe I have made a mistake in the way that I am handling or operating the headset. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: A20 Microphone Problem

Author Accepted Answer selected by Pilot_R

Hi Pilot_R, 

Thank you for coming back to me with this information. This is super helpful! 

As your headset is only a month old and you've mentioned other pilots are unable to replicate the issue, I would recommend getting in contact with the Aviation team who will be better equipped to guide you in the right direction. you can do this by clicking the LINK HERE, selecting your country and scrolling down to 'Contact Us'. The team will do all they can for you! 

I hope this helps! If there is anything else you need, please reach out again! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Hi Pilot_R, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you seem to be experiencing with your A20 headset. I'll do all I can to assist you!  

As you mentioned that the issue is intermittent, have you noticed if the issue is with a specific aircraft as you fly many types?

I look forward to hearing from you!

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 31, 2020

Hi Jessie_O,

Thank you for the assistance! In response to your question, no the issue does not come up in any particular aircraft. At the moment it is seemingly random. I have also flown with several other pilots and passengers using A20s and I was only only person experiencing issues at the time.

Thanks

Highlighted

Author Accepted Answer selected by Pilot_R

Hi Pilot_R, 

Thank you for coming back to me with this information. This is super helpful! 

As your headset is only a month old and you've mentioned other pilots are unable to replicate the issue, I would recommend getting in contact with the Aviation team who will be better equipped to guide you in the right direction. you can do this by clicking the LINK HERE, selecting your country and scrolling down to 'Contact Us'. The team will do all they can for you! 

I hope this helps! If there is anything else you need, please reach out again! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

View solution in original post