Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 12, 2020

A20 Microphone - which way is correct?

I have a question about which way is correct when positioning the Bose A20 Microphone... All the manuals say, "Position the microphone with its talk side facing in (indicated by label)."

But there's no label - under the windscreen it seems like both sides are the same, other than that the ferrule attaching the microphone to the boom seems to have a flat side and a round side, but I don't see any label - either on the microphone or the windscreen.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 12, 2020

Re: A20 Microphone - which way is correct?

Hi DocD,

I am surprised this hasn't been answered, so while it's being considered, some thoughts for you.

The Manual can sometimes be generic in places and maybe yours doesn't have the 'talk' imprint on the Mic. It's fairly straight forward though. The 'flat' side (either side) or the part with the screen embedded should be toward your mouth under the screen. Some or most Mic's I have seen are dual sided anyway.

Main thing is not to stress the Mic Stem by trying to twist it or manipulate it outside of it's standard shape or direction. The Mics normally fall to the correct position as from build so don't worry too much. The Mic is super sensitive once close to your mouth under the foam screen so should be find if close to your mouth?

Hope that helps a little - all the best,

Larry