Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 26, 2020

A20 Service Request

Hi there,

I'm in Australia. Just tried calling the local support number to generate a service request for my A20's.

Got the COVID-19 message explaining the call center is not operating.

In the absence of any local service email addresses, just wanted to confirm that no service requests are able to be processed for the time being? 

Fault Description: My microphone has ceased working. When I removed the mic boom to inspect the contacts/wiring, it is visibly frayed which I suspect explains the fault. I dare say the headset is also full of corrosion due to operating in a salt laden environment next to the sea.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

With thanks,

Tim.      

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: A20 Service Request

Author Accepted Answer selected by heaso1

Hi All, 

Thank you for posting and contributing to the discussion! 

I'm sorry to hear your headsets are in need of a repair and you have been unable to reach your local support teams.

Currently, our repair center for Aviation products is closed as per the WHO and governmental guidelines, as our priority is our customers' and employees' safety. We will resume normal operations for this as soon as we possibly can, but given the current situation, I wouldn't be able to provide a timeline for this.

We do apologize for any inconvenience this would be causing for you all. If you do need any assistance with troubleshooting, we are always here to help on the community in any way we can! Just let us know!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Expert
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

If it was me, I would purchase a new headset.  Get the old one repaired when the Covid 19 crisis is over and sell it on eBay.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 26, 2020

Yeah, I dare say you're right.  I'm on my backup Aviation X at the moment...missing the Bluetooth but hey, definitely a 1st world problem in the current environment.

Cheers,

Tim. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 30, 2020

I literally just did this.  New one should arrive tomorrow.  I was surprised that there was no email address, or even phone support at all for the aviation side of the house.

Highlighted

Author Accepted Answer selected by heaso1

Hi All, 

Thank you for posting and contributing to the discussion! 

I'm sorry to hear your headsets are in need of a repair and you have been unable to reach your local support teams.

Currently, our repair center for Aviation products is closed as per the WHO and governmental guidelines, as our priority is our customers' and employees' safety. We will resume normal operations for this as soon as we possibly can, but given the current situation, I wouldn't be able to provide a timeline for this.

We do apologize for any inconvenience this would be causing for you all. If you do need any assistance with troubleshooting, we are always here to help on the community in any way we can! Just let us know!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post