Highlighted
Shifty
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 13, 2019

A20 U174 Stops working.

I have a set of Bose A20 U174 helicopter headset. Over the past few flights the noise canceling just stops working and I have to turn it back on via the button. I’ve replaced battery’s still no change. This headset is only months old.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: A20 U174 Stops working.

Hey Shifty, 

Many thanks for reaching out to the Bose Community. Welcome to the site. 

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with the noise-cancelling feature of your A20 aviation headset. I'd love to help you with this today. 

Can you kindly confirm the specific model of Helicopter it is you are flying? 

Further to this, have you checked the position of the Auto-Off switch in the headset control module? Information regarding this can be found on this webpage. 

Note:

The Auto-Off setting can power off your headset automatically after several minutes of inactivity.

Note: On battery power, while disconnected from an intercom, the headset will auto-power off even if AUX audio is playing. Also, on a Bluetooth phone call, while disconnected from an intercom, the headset will auto-power off three to nine minutes after the call is ended.

• Select ON (default setting) to have the headset automatically power off after three to nine minutes of inactivity
  • Select OFF to disable the headset from powering off until you press and hold the power button on 

If the issue only occurs when there is movement of the control module and its cables, please reach out to local support via this link.

Finally, if you have ever unplugged the microphone cable from the headset, disconnect it again and check for debris or damage at the connectors. Make sure the connectors on the cable and the headset are both free from debris/damage as this may cause issues with connection. 

I hope this helps, and should you need any further support, do not hesitate to get back in touch. 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G - Community Support

Shifty
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 13, 2019

Hi Jeff,

It is in the ON position.

I am flying a Gimbal Cabri G2 - Around 35 hours with no issue and its only developed the last few hours at random times.

Thanks,

Shifty

Hello Shifty, 

Many thanks for getting back in touch. 

Can you please try the following in an attempt to remedy the issue:

- Confirm if you have tried to reseat the down cable.

- Clean the connectors with isopropyl alcohol.

- Set the Auto Power off switch to OFF to see if this makes a difference. 

- If you have access, please test the headset in another helicopter. 

- Test another headset in the Helicopter to see if the same issue occurs.

I'll look forward to your reply. 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G

Shifty
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 13, 2019

Hi Jeff ,

I did the following,

- Set the Auto Power off switch to OFF to see if this makes a difference. 

I flew for an hour without it turning off, does this mean its potentially faulty? when its ON an cuts out?

Thanks ,

Shifty

Hello Shifty, 

Thanks for getting back in touch.

With Auto-off switched to onthe headset will switch off automatically when audio is not detected after a period of time. With Auto-off switched off, the headset will stay on even after a period of no audio. 

To ensure the headset is free of issues, I would recommend reaching out to your local support team to setup service on the headset, as it should still be within the 5-year warranty they will be able to assess and provide a solution should there be a physical fault. Details can be found here. 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G