Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 8, 2020

A20 how to get the own voice louder

Dear Sirs,

I've got the new A20 but it is hard to hear my own voice while speaking, it is to weak. How I get the mic-content louder? Others in the intecom hear me and I hear them perfectly.

Many thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 12, 2020

Re: A20 how to get the own voice louder

Hi Heiko,

There are a few people who might be able to help you on this forum. Can you please let us know what Aircraft you are using the A20 on? The Headset Model Number and what Radio's and Intercom you are using? The Bose guys will definitely need that info?

Best regards,

Larry 

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 8, 2020

Dear Larry,

many thanks for Your response. I have a A20 twin pj plug with bluetooth connection and intend to use it in a charterd C 152. It's Intercom system in place, I have to ask. But the problem occures when I test the bluetooth function, using the head set in a conference call with my laptop. I'm affraid to use it now in the cockpit if I hear my own voice not loud enough. (The mic is working, I can hear my voice, but not loud enough)

Just the question, how to turn it louder?

Best Regards

Heiko

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 12, 2020

Hi Heiko,

I understand a little better now and this is most likely a question for the Bose Engineers now with this new information as for the Bluetooth/Laptop levels. 

In the meantime, may I suggest you use it in the C152 to begin with and hopefully you will find it to be working very well in that environment, as that it its primary function in life and it will be plenty loud enough. The Aircraft Intercom has the ability to turn up your Mic Audio to a level that is comfortable and also most likely a 'squelch' function that cuts out noise unless you speak. The conferencing ability through Bluetooth will be something you can then test with your Laptop once you have the Aircraft side sorted out. For Aviation, they have set output Mic levels and there isn't a Mic Output Gain Control if that is what you are asking, only Headset Receive Audio Level adjustments (left and Right) on the Control Box in the Lead.

The A20 is a great Aviation Headset and I am sure you will enjoy it's noise cancelling abilities and hopefully you can sort out the laptop audio issues.

Sorry can't help more than that,

Kind regards,

Larry

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 8, 2020

Dear Larry,

many thanks for the advice. Will try. The A20 looks anyway a little bit strange in the office, but currently, such a headset is available whereas normal office-headsets have a delivery time up to two+ month.

Best regards

Heiko