Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 23, 2019

A20 microphone

Hey guys, 

I use my a20 in an embraer jet, and today when I plugged it in, I could hear others and atc, but couldn't gear myself talk and nor could the other pilot.  I think there may be an issue in the skinnier plug of the 2 plug system dornin the internals of the headset.  Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: A20 microphone

Hi Kcbacker, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are having with the microphone on your A20 headset, I'll be happy to assist you!

Can you tell me if you get the issue with one specific aircraft or does it happen in all aircraft?

Which connection are you using to connect to the aircraft?

I look forward to hearing from you! 

Kindest

Jessie O - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 23, 2019

Hey jessie,

I did stop and try it in a cessn as well.  I also tried to connect to bluetooth to make a phone call but the other person couldn't hear me that way either. 

Therefore, I feel the issue should be somewhere between the boom and the headset control box, not so much within the plug in cord itself.

Highlighted

Hi Kcbaker, 

Thank you for coming back to me! 

Based on what you've said, I think you're absolutely right. 

Unfortunately, that means there isn't any other troubleshooting I can offer. Therefore, I would recommend getting in contact with the aviation team. You can find the contact details by clicking the LINK HERE, selecting your country and scrolling down to 'Contact Us'.

I'm sorry I couldn't assist you further.

If there is anything else I can do, please reach out to us again! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.