Participant
Registered since

May 29, 2020

A20 - "Honk" when I take off headset with headset power on

After a flight, and I remove my A20 headset from my head without turning the power off on the headset, it "honks" (like a goose).  This happens with aircraft avionics on or off.  I have two A20's and one does this and one does not.  Is this normal?  The only difference between the two headsets is one has the bluetooth option and one does not.  Just want to make sure that there is not something going out in the headset. 

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: A20 - "Honk" when I take off headset with headset power on

Hey claytravis,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community!

From how you are describing this, it does sound like the headphones are briefly feeding back when you take them off without powering them off. This isn't something that would lead me to believe there is anything wrong with them, however, as you mentioned you have another pair that don't do this it is a little odd and I would like to look into it a bit further with you.

Is this something that has been happening with the Bluetooth version since you first got them, or is this something that has only recently started happening?

As you mentioned it does the same thing whether the avionics are on or off, does it also still do this when you have the headphones completely disconnected from the aircraft?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 1, 2020

Mine are doing the same thing and they are new, out of the box.  They do it in the plane and they do it in my kitchen.  

I posted about it a few days ago but no comments:

https://community.bose.com/t5/Aviation-Headsets/Brand-new-A20-External-humming-buzzing-noise/m-p/307...

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 29, 2020

Hey Keith,

Thank you for the response.

This particular pair has done it since day one and yes, it will do this plugged into the aircraft or not.  I agree it is some kind of feedback and it does not seem to be affecting the performance but just making sure this is not something to be concerned about.?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 29, 2020

I can make a video if there is a way to post or send to an email address or....???

Highlighted

Hey All,

Thanks for posting and contributing to the discussion!

I don't believe this is something that you should be worried about, if it is indeed feedback like we suspect. However, to be sure, a video would definitely help work out exactly what is happening!

There isn't any way to upload a video directly to the community, but if you were to upload it as a private video to YouTube or another video site and link it to the thread that would work.

If you could both do this that would be really helpful!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!