Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 9, 2020

A20 w/Bluetooth Persistent Audio Dropouts Using AUX Cable

I've had this (wonderful) headset for just a few weeks, and it's been perfect during flight (I'm a student pilot).

Using it at home to listen to music (which I do only occasionally these days), however, has been a mixed bag due to persistent brief (1s-10s) audio dropouts while using the Aux cable.

I believe I've tracked this down to an input-sensitivity issue, as turning the source volume up higher seems to consistently avoid the issue. (One might think this is because these "dropout points" represent uniquely quiet portions of the respective tracks; but they really don't seem to on a very consistent basis, though they are in sections of music that are on the quieter side.)

Problem is, the audio ends up being too loud at the volumes necessary to avoid this issue: the L/R volume adjustments on the headset's control unit do not affect AUX input volume, nor does the +/- rocker switch on the side, so I'm "stuck" with whatever the source volume translates into in the headset earpieces. (Disabling "AUTO OFF" makes no evident difference.)

Any thoughts as to next steps? I'd like to avoid any hearing damage from long-term use at the minimum volume apparently necessary to preclude dropouts (without having to constantly adjust the source volume); and, besides probably being among the best-reproducing listening setup I currently own, the A20's are more comfortable in the long run than my IQBuds Boost or old Philips in-ear buds (both also noise-canceling), as I find in-ear buds somewhat uncomfortable and sometimes have to keep reinserting them.

Thanks for any suggestions!

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: A20 w/Bluetooth Persistent Audio Dropouts Using AUX Cable

Hey Jcburley, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community! 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you seem to be experiencing with the dropout and I would love to help you where I can! 

Have you tried a different source device? This will help us determine if the issue occurs all the time or if it is specific to the source that you are using. 

I look forward to hearing from you! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 14, 2020

Spoiler

Hey there, 

I can relate. I currently have an older A20 model purchased in about 2013. I recently replaced my cable assembly (Dual GA plugs, with bluetooth, new mic boom etc.) After a few weeks of use, everything operates as normal except for my aux volume. When using my aux cord on an external device (phone, tablet), my sound from those devices, such as music or audio files, cuts in and out at low volume levels. The external device needs about 30% volume in order to play uninterrupted. Anything lower and the volume skips. Seems as though the controller module or noise cancelling component is interrupting the aux volume or disconnecting the external sound. 

Any thoughts or ideas would be a great help!

Thanks

Highlighted

Thanks for joining the thread, JM27.

I'm sorry that you are also experiencing this issue. 

Can you tell me if you are experiencing this issue on a specific device or on multiple devices?

Can you also let me know if the issue is still apparent if you have the noise cancelation activated or not?

Are the headphones otherwise working as expected?

This should give us a good base to start determining where the issue is. 

I look forward to hearing from you! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!