Highlighted
Piperpilot
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 15, 2019

AHX-3201 quit working

Without any notice the left ear on my AHX-32-01 quit working.   Batteries are good.  Tried plugging them into co-pilot side with no change in status.   Is this a failure that can be fixed at home or do these have to be sent in for repair?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: AHX-3201 quit working

Hello Piperpilot, 

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Bose Community! I am deeply sorry to read that you are having some issues with your AHX-3201 and would love to assist you further. 

The AHX-3201 isn't a product that is serviceable by us due to the age of the product and if it did require service/repairs then our customer support team can look into the options that are available to you. Before we head down that route lets perform some troubleshooting steps on the headphones. 

The first thing that we want to check is that the audio switch is set to the correct setting, you can check this by removing the batteries from the control module and adjusting the audio switch to the correct setting, in this case, you would want to test the opposite setting to what is already enabled to see if you are able to receive audio in both ears. 

Please also adjust the volume knob on the intercom and/or radio and listen for a change in the volume level.

I look forward to hearing back from you with the result of these steps and if any other users have had a similar issue please do let us know. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Piperpilot
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 15, 2019

Thank you for the advice.  I have tried what you suggested an no improvement.  All the dip switches behind the battery are in the correct position and I tried changing positions with no difference.  The left ear, the ear with the microphone connected to it has no sound.  The volume is all the way up and I've tried increasing the volume on the plane's radio.     Any other suggestions?   If it can't be fixed can it be traded in for a new set?

Hi Piperpilot,

Thank you for coming back to us and keeping us updated. 

I'm sorry to hear that the provided troubleshooting has not resolved the issue you are experiencing. 

At this point, I would recommend contacting the aviation team in your region. They will be able to give you all the information regarding trade-in and service. Click the LINK HERE, select your country and scroll down to 'Contact Us'.

I hope this helps! If you need anything else, please reach out to us again! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O