Participant
Registered since

Dec 12, 2020

Auto Off Question... A20 vs Aviation X

I have used multiple Bose Aviation X headsets in my plane for many years.  Used them in multiple "jacks" in that airplane with no problems.   I just bought a new set of A20's and they keep turning off in flight... very annoying!   I've changed the batteries many times with no remedy.  I read an A20 article that mis-wired  phone "jacks" may cause "Auto Off" issues but my Aviation X headphones still work correctly.   Any thoughts? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Auto Off Question... A20 vs Aviation X

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Hector_B

Thank you for updating us on this Jejiii, 

This definitely isn't something that you should be encountering. As the issue still persists, I would recommend reaching out to us via the Contact Us page on our website to explore service options for the headset. 

Sorry that we couldn't resolve this for you via the Community.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hello Jejiii, 

Thank you for posting and reaching out to the Community today for support. I'd love to assist you with this powering off issue you are experiencing. 

To start with let's ensure that we don't have the Auto-off operation switch enabled. To do this please remove the batteries from the control module to access the operation switches. Then, use a small utensil to adjust the switches. Then select off to disable the headset from powering off until you press and hold the power button on the control module. 

We look forward to hearing back from you with the result of these steps. 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Participant
Registered since

Dec 12, 2020

Hi Hector,

I would like the auto off to work properly... With auto off off the headset works great, stays on the entire flight (but I have to remember to turn the A20 off at the end of the flight)...  With auto off on the A20 turns itself off every few minutes.,, very irritating.  Thoughts Hector?   BTW, two prong, battery GA model...

Thanks for coming back to us! 

The auto-off on the A20 headphones will switch the headset off after 3-9 minutes of the headset being disconnected from the aircraft. Can you confirm this is the case? Or is this happening when still connected to the aircraft?

I look forward to hearing from you!  

Participant
Registered since

Dec 12, 2020

Hector,

The headset turns off while plugged into aircraft and inflight... has to be repeatedly turned on every few minutes...  Headset is 1 month old!   My old Aviation X headset works properly...  Any thoughts?  I currently plan to send this expensive headset back to Bose.

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Hector_B

Thank you for updating us on this Jejiii, 

This definitely isn't something that you should be encountering. As the issue still persists, I would recommend reaching out to us via the Contact Us page on our website to explore service options for the headset. 

Sorry that we couldn't resolve this for you via the Community.

View solution in original post

Participant
Registered since

Dec 12, 2020

Thanks Hector,

My A20 headset has been returned to Bose for replacement...  JJ