Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 29, 2020

Aviation Headsets and telephone bluetooh in an ER

I work in an incredibly noisy emergency department.  Plus, my hearing is a bit impaired.  All the sounds run together in a noisy environment and it is sometimes difficult to hear things over the phone.  I have a blue tooth setup where the my desk phone goes to my hearing aids, which helps a lot, but it could be a lot better.

I'm thinking of using the Aviation headset so I can clearly hear what's said to me and be able to communicate back to them.  I cant' imagine a noisier place than an ER except for an aircraft.  

Does anyone have experience with this?  Can you blue tooth synch the aviation headset like you would any other "blue toothable device?"  

Could the mike be used in this manner as well?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Chuckling Champion
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Re: Aviation Headsets and telephone bluetooh in an ER

I doubt seriously that Bose would open themselves up to the potential liability of such an unauthorized use of their product.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 12, 2020

Re: Aviation Headsets and telephone bluetooh in an ER

Hi Tcob,

I sympathise with you on this one. Trying to use an Aviation Headset in this way for a Telephone system will bring all sorts of problems with power, connections and compatibility, let alone the price!

Some thoughts for you:- Firstly try your IT Dept or whoever set your system up and ask what other compatible devices are there available for your phone system for hearing impaired? You may be surprised to find a few dual ear options? If not possible, turn you phone base over and check the make and model and look on the internet to see what options the manufacturer offers. There is normally an accessory socket on IP Phones etc indicating a Headset connection. If it is Computer based, then a Nose cancelling Gaming Headset may well suit you? It will all be about the connector.

Lastly many Headsets for Call Centres are on the internet from third party suppliers that may suit. Try searching for Blue Tooth Noise cancelling and see if that helps.

I wish you luck and thanks for working in ER!

Larry