Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 4, 2020

Bluetooth aviation headsets. Hearing aids.

I just recently got Bluetooth compatible hearing aids. Is there a Bluetooth compatible system that I could connect to the hearing aid to replace the headset?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Bluetooth aviation headsets. Hearing aids.

Hi Radpack, 

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Community!

Regarding your query, I do not completely understand what you mean, so I'll try my best! 

If you are trying to connect your hearing aids to one of our systems, this will depend on the type of hearing aid you have. Typically, our systems are receivers of a Bluetooth signal so the hearing aid would need to be a receiver of Bluetooth signal. However, this sounds as though it would not work in the way you want to. As an alternative, you may be able to connect to your TV if it is Bluetooth enabled. 

I hope this helps! Let me know if you need anything else! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 25, 2020

I too have hearing aids which connect to Bluetooth. As you say the A20 headset is a receiver cannot communicate directly with the hearing aids. 

The biggest issueI have is that when wearing the A20 I get continuos feed back in my hearing aids. The ANR does reduce this but still can be annoying.

Has Bose considered using an induction loop in the headset to allow the telecom feature in most modern hearing aids to be utilised?

Hey Robbydriver,

Welcome to the Bose Community.

Sorry to hear about the feedback you experience when using your hearing aids along with the A20 Aviation headset.

This is a great suggestion and I'll be happy to pass along your suggestion to our development team to consider this in the future.

Let me know if you have any further questions. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!