JC-133
Participant
Registered since

Jan 18, 2021

Bluetooth firmware update

A20 Headsets ~ 2014

USA

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on Samsung Galaxy Note 20 5G and Apple iPhone XS Max

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

I have never been able to stream music via Bluetooth through my headsets, always utilizing the head phone jack. I am however, able to utilize the phone interoperability through Bluetooth. I read through other forum topics that suggested the 1st generation of A20 headsets are not compatible with newer versions (A2DP) of Bluetooth. Is there a way to have the firmware in the earlier generation of A20 headsets updated or to trade-in (pro-rate) 1st generation headsets for a current version?

Thanks

R/

James

1 REPLY 1
Hector_B

Re: Bluetooth firmware update

Hey JC-133,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Community! There isn't a way for you to personally perform an update on the headset that can enable this. 

If you could please reach out to the Bose Service team in your region here, they will be able to explore all service options available to you. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!