Bose A20 Bluetooth Naming Change

Highlighted
Silent Starter

Bose A20 Bluetooth Naming Change

I have 6 pair of A20 headsets in my plane. Is it possible to change the bluetooth name they transmit?

It's a nightmare when 6 people get on and all trying to connect, as some auto connect to the last set they were using... everyone has to shut down and do it "One" headset at the time since they are all named the same.

These were obvioulsly meant for multiples to be used on planes, and would be horrible interface capabilities if you can't individually name them.

Help !

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Bose A20 Bluetooth Naming Change

Hello GatorMac, 

Thanks for taking the time to post, and welcome to the Bose Community!

I'm afraid it is not possible to rename the A20 Aviation headset. I can appreciate how this would be an incredibly useful feature, however, I can confirm it is not possible to issue firmware updates to the product as the A20 do not feature a Micro USB port to allow this. 

A fellow moderator, Emmet_H noted on this post his recommendation would be to follow the one headset at a time approach you are currently using. 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G - Community Support

Quiet Contributor

Right now I have 3 of the A20s with bluetooth (somepoint I'll pick up a 4th and get rid of the Series 2) and I agree it would be nice to change the name on the headset, but since this isn't possible what I have done on my phone (or tablet) is changed the name displayed on there, the phone identifies each bluetooth device by an address called a MAC address which is unique to every device. Once paired I can set the name of the device on the phone.  The first time I connect the headphone to the phone I give it a name.  For example Bose #1, Bose #2 etc and put a small sticker on the ear cup with the number (Think Brother P-touch label).

-PA

Quiet Contributor

Should have realized, I'm using Android devices for phone and tablet and Android allows you to set a "Friendly name" or Alias for each device, Apple doesn't allow you do to this on the iPhone and iPad devices unless you jailbreak the devices, Apple does allow you to do so on the Apple Mac.

Contact Apple for a fix to allow a friendly name