Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
skyflies
Participant
Registered since

Jul 8, 2021

Bose A20: Bluetooth audio switches between stereo and mono

I noticed that when listening to music in flight over bluetooth connected to my iPad, the audio switches between stereo and mono and the difference is very stark. It appeared as if this happened based on the position of my head, so I thought the cable connections were loose. I tightened them, but the problem persists. Usually, there is some stereo when I first start listening on bluetooth, then it starts cutting in and out, and then eventually completely out.

What could be the issue?

3 REPLIES 3
Charlotte_G

Re: Bose A20: Bluetooth audio switches between stereo and mono

Hey @skyflies, welcome to the Bose Community! 

Sorry that you're experiencing some issues with Bluetooth audio on your A20 headset.

Have you tried connecting another device to your headphones to see if the issue persists?

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
skyflies
Participant
Registered since

Jul 8, 2021

Yes this happens with all devices. This might be an issue with the Bluetooth receiver or a connection issue.

Liam_G

Thank you for confirming, 

If you are using Bluetooth audio primarily, I would recommend clearing the Bluetooth settings on the headset to refresh the system.
You can do this via the following steps: 

1. Power on your product
    Tip: If the battery level is low (indicated by a red light at power on), Bluetooth cannot be enabled
  2. Set the Multi-function switch to either the top or middle position
  3. Press the Bluetooth button to enable Bluetooth: the Bluetooth light begins be flashing
  4. Simultaneously press and hold the Volume + and Volume - buttons on the side of the control module for eight seconds
  5. Set the Multi-function switch to the OFF position, then back to the top or middle position: The Bluetooth light turns off to confirm.
  6. Once cleared, reconnect to a device and test again.

Let me know how you get on with this

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!