Participant
Registered since

Jun 25, 2020

Bose A20 Console Capability

I have a Bose A20 headset with Bluetooth and the dual plug connectors. I’m hoping to connect it to my console but I cannot figure out how. I know there is a place to plug in a 3.5mm jack on the middle piece (the part where you control secondary audio) but it does not have output volume. I have also tried Bluetooth and connecting it to my PS4, but due to the fact that Sony doesn’t allow Bluetooth headphones to connect, I cannot do that either. I was also looking into a remote connector, the type that you plug into the USB Port on the PS4 and connecting it through that but it looks like you need a 3.5mm jack that has an extra ‘ring’ and won’t fit into the Bose headset port on the middle part. I think my best bet is to get adapters to the physical port on the PS4 controller. Need help here.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Re: Bose A20 Console Capability

It won't work for that.  It's designed for aircraft, so the microphone goes into the aircraft to talk to the tower.

BT protocol for phones/tablets/communication is different to what is used for games consoles so you will get audio but not mic.

The only way it may work is with the QC25 in line mic cable (samsung/android version), but that will be using the mic built into the cable, not the A20 mic.