Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 29, 2020

Bose A20 Feels Too Tight; How to Reduce Pressure?

Hi Folks,

I recently bought the Bose A20 Aviation Headset after reading this post: https://headphonesproreview.com/best-aviation-headset/ and so far, I'm really happy with the headset. However, in the same post, I read the clamping force is v light but I feel otherwise. The headset feels too tight on my ears. It's choking my ears. Can you please suggest a way to fix this?

Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Bose A20 Feels Too Tight; How to Reduce Pressure?

Hey Sheenr, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community! It's awesome to hear that you are impressed with your A20's. 

There isn't any way to adjust the clamping force for the headset, however, we advise that you adjust the headset in the following ways: 

• Use the L (left) and R (right markings above the earcups to orient the headset properly
  • As you put the headset on, adjust the earcups so the cushions complete surround your ears
  • Adjust the headband so it rests gently on top of your head
  • A low, rumbling sound or frequent, brief losses of noise reduction may indicate an improper fit or blocked earbud ports
  • During a long flight, you may feel a slight pressure point, which can be relieved by adjusting the headband position. As you use the headset, you'll develop a sense of how it should sound and feel, which can help while adjusting it
  • Make your final adjustments with the headset powered on in a noisy environment. In very loud conditions, such as during takeoff, you may experience a brief reduction in noise cancelation as the headset compensates for a momentary pressure change.
Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!