Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 18, 2020

Bose A20 Microphone Sensitivity

Hi,

If only one of two installed A20 headsets are used with noise reduction feature enabled while the other A20 headset is in passive mode and not used during a certain flight. Will I as a user experience any interruptions on the intercom from the mic on the passive headset? Both headsets are aircraft powered via 6-pin LEMO plug and installed in a helicopter?

Thank you in advance!

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Bose A20 Microphone Sensitivity

Hello Mirzoni, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. 

Whether or not the active noise reduction is switched on, if the other unused headset is plugged in, there is a chance some far-field noise could be picked up by the mic. The TSO dictates the headsets should work passively, so if it is left plugged in there is a chance you may experience interruptions. 

Our microphones have a reasonable far field rejection, but we can't guarantee there will be no chance of some errant noise. If possible please unplug the unused headphones.

If you have any other questions, please do let us know.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Mar 12, 2020

Re: Bose A20 Microphone Sensitivity

Hi Mirzoni,

As per the Moderators reply - any Headsets plugged in are going to be live, whether the individual Noise cancelling is on or not. In a 4 place Robinson Heli I use, you can turn the squelch up so that it suits you, but if for instance I leave the 2 in the back plugged in and on the Hangars, with no Pax, at some stages of flight the mics may vibrate on the nearby interior trim and activate the squelch. You can isolate the Mic to Pilot only if that helps. Best to unplug them each flight as per Hector's comment before flight to save being interrupted.

Hope that helps,

Larry