Skim94
Participant
Registered since

Jul 4, 2019

Bose A20 Noise cancelation not as great as used to be

Hello, 

I have some bose A20s for general aviation flying. The first time using the headset the noise cancelation worked great and cabin noise was quiet, however lately it seems like the noise im hearing from engine, wind etc has been louder and not quiet anymore causing some discomfort to my ears (can get loud). Unsure of what options I have to fix this issue. I have tried changing out the batteries but that did not resolve. Not sure if its the ear cups not providing a seal anymore or if it is the actual noise cancelation. 

5 REPLIES 5
Jessie_O

Re: Bose A20 Noise cancelation not as great as used to be

Hey there @Skim94,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing some difficulty with the noise cancelation. I will be more than happy to help you! 

Can you tell me if you notice this on specific aircraft? Or at a specific altitude? 

Have you tried any troubleshooting steps at all? 

I look forward to hearing from you! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Skim94
Participant
Registered since

Jul 4, 2019

Hi Jessie,

I'm in a cessna 172 sp, and occurs throughout most of the flight regardless of altitude. Im in multiple different 172s and have the same issues. It seems that when I take my hands and cover the left and right side of the headset it it sounds like how it was when I first bought the headset which was quiet. Im not sure what other troubleshooting I can do?

Jessie_O

Thank you for coming back to me Skim94. 

Thank you for this information, it is super helpful. 

How are your cushions looking? As you have mentioned that when you cover them the noise cancelation comes back, so this may be related to your cushions. 

I look forward to hearing from you! 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Skim94
Participant
Registered since

Jul 4, 2019

They are still in good condition from what I can tell. Its been about a year since purchase and around 60 hours of use. Are their replacement ear cushions that are purchasable? I can give that a try and replace them to see if that resolves the issue or not. 

Keith_L

Hi Skim94,

You can get replacement ear cushions through your local support team, so it would definitely be worth reaching out to them to get hold of a replacement pair to test. You can find the contact information for your local team at this link, by selecting your country/region and then the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of the page.

Let us know how you get on with the new ear cushions!