Highlighted
MirandaS
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 11, 2019

Bose A20, bluetooth is connected but no audio after iOS 13 update

Hello, 

I have the Bose A20 headset and after the iOS 13 update the headphones are connecting to Bluetooth but I get no Audio at all from my phone. 
The iPhone is connecting to other Bluetooth devices with no issue. 
I also reset all my settings to troubleshoot any issues and still had no audio but connected Bluetooth. 
I deleted the device from the Bluetooth devises history and reconnected it. That still has the same issue of connected Bluetooth but no audio. 

Noise canceling still works well. And Bluetooth connection and audio still works with my HP envy computer, so I believe it is an issue with the iOS 13 update and Bose A20. 

Is this an issue other customers have been having? What should be my next steps? 

thank you,

miranda

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Bose A20, bluetooth is connected but no audio after iOS 13 update

Hi MirandaS, 

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with your A20 headset following the iOS 13 update. 

I would recommend rebooting your phone to see if this resolves your issue. As your A20 headset seems to be working ok with other devices, It doesn't seem to be an issue with the headset. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support

Gersubo
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 10, 2019

It just happen to me too...

Been using A20’s for over 8yrs... always used my iPod with cable to listen music.

Just got an iPhone X, tried to Bluetooth connect: nothing! 

Reset EVERYTHING! nothing!

Saw a video in Youtube talking about UPGRADE? really? 

pls explain and advise, thanks.

Hello Gersubo, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums. 

I am sorry that you are having some difficulties when trying to connect the A20 headset to your new iPhone X. 

There are a few things we can try to start with, to ensure that the connection is functioning as it should. They are: 

• On the control module, make sure the audio mode switch is in the MUTE or MIX position. With the audio mode switch in the MUTE or MIX position, make sure the Bluetooth feature is on and the Bluetooth indicator is flashing purple. If not, press and hold the Bluetooth button for one second.
  • Turn off or disable Bluetooth on nearby devices that previously connected to your product. Your product remembers the last several connected devices so it can quickly reconnect. If there are previously-connected Bluetooth devices nearby, turn off those devices (or turn off Bluetooth in your settings menu), then check if the issue is resolved.
  • Clear your product's memory of previously paired Bluetooth devices, then reconnect. Your product remembers the last several devices it connected to so it can quickly reconnect to them. In case of an issue with the device memory, clear it, then create a new memory by repairing your Bluetooth devices. 
  • Clear the paired device list on the Bluetooth device. Once removed, try re-pairing the headset with the device. This allows a new connection to be made and eliminates any potential corrupt pairings stored in either device.

• Reboot the Bluetooth device. Electronics might need to be reset on occasion to correct minor issues. This is typically done by shutting down the device, then powering it on again.

• Determine if the issue occurs with another Bluetooth enabled phone. This issue may be due to a problem with the phone currently paired to the headset. Try pairing a different Bluetooth enabled phone to determine if the issue is isolated to a specific device.

* To clear the product memory of connected Bluetooth devices:

1. Power on your product.
  2. Press the Bluetooth button to enable Bluetooth: the Bluetooth light begins flashing.
  3. Simultaneously press and hold the Bluetooth button and the Bluetooth volume down button (on the right side of the control module) for seven seconds.

I look forward to hearing how you get on. 

Please do let me know if you have any questions. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Gersubo
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 10, 2019

Dear Vicky,

Unfortunately nothing worked!

I followed not only once your instructions, but several times... nothing.

However you need to know that the VOICE COMAND came on my phone while both devises where paired... I pushed the 📞 key on my A20’s and the Screen on my iPhone X went blue and the Voice Command Menu popped... I try with my voice a command and nothing happened (again), let alone trying to hear music in any configuration between both devises. The only thing that continue happening was the Blue Screen on my iPhone once I pressed the Phone 📞 Key on my A20’s... other nothing!

Any Plan B ? 

Like I said, saw a Youtube Video where they suggest the “Up-grade” for the Control/Cable Unit on the A20’s... Am I far or it’s Fake news on that Youtube video? 

Pls advise.

Thank you,

Gersubo