Participant
Registered since

Dec 27, 2020

Bose A20 cable replacement - dual pin to LEMO

I just purchase an airplane with a LEMO plug setup. I have a pair of A20’s w/ Bluetooth with dual pin connectors. I see that Bose sells the A20 cable with Bluetooth, 6 pin LEMO plug in the accessories page on the website. Is this something I can install myself? Or should I send the headsets back to Bose for installation?

A20 w/ Bluetooth

USA

Firmware Version

App Version

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Any troubleshooting steps you took

2 REPLIES 2
Advocate
Registered since

Mar 12, 2020

Re: Bose A20 cable replacement - dual pin to LEMO

Hi Dave!

An Aircraft with Lemo Sockets? That's a good thing as most likely they will have 12 or 24V Power going to them too, which is good as your A20 Headsets will be powered all the time Aircraft Power is on, so your Batteries in the A20's will last a long time. If selected in the dip switch in the Battery Box they will auto power off too for the Noise Cancelling.

For your Two Plug Units, you will need to replace them with a new Microphone and Downlead Assy complete with a Lemo Plug version. They come off by carefully undoing the two screws on the Mic Attachment where it fixes to the Headset and gently pulling the plug out with the Mic attached. You can buy a new Lemo Plug Microphone and Downlead assembly. You can do this through Bose or any of the dealers.

Be careful as there are several Mic Options. Most Likely your Aircraft will need an Electret Mic, but it's worth checking. You can get them with the new Bluetooth Version. Your removed two plug Mic Assys can be kept for use if you ever fly another Aircraft type that needs them or they will sell easy on Auction websites if they are in good condition.

Hope that works! Post again if you need more info.

Have fun.

All the best,

Larry

Participant
Registered since

Dec 27, 2020

Re: Bose A20 cable replacement - dual pin to LEMO

Thanks for the heads-up. I will look into changing the mic and downlead out.