ShaunP
Participant
Registered since

Mar 1, 2021

Bose A20 cable swap

Hello, I am looking to buy the bose a20 with the twin plugs(ga) as the aircraft I currently fly have this connection.

I may have to fly on airbus aircraft, I know there is an XLR adapter, but I would prefer to buy the console and swap it.

My questions are;

1) Would the headset still work if I bought the XLR cable assembly and swapped it with the twin plug assembly?

2) Would doing this void the warranty?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Morlock
Expert
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Re: Bose A20 cable swap

Author Accepted Answer selected by ShaunP

You can swap the cable assemblies over easily enough (just need a small screwdriver) and it won't affect the warranty.  I will say if you are doing it regularly, it will get annoying and there is a delicate part which could be damaged faily easily by constant changes.

Honestly I would suggest just getting the airbus headset with the XLR-G/A adapter (not sure if it's Bose or third party).

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Morlock
Expert
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Author Accepted Answer selected by ShaunP

You can swap the cable assemblies over easily enough (just need a small screwdriver) and it won't affect the warranty.  I will say if you are doing it regularly, it will get annoying and there is a delicate part which could be damaged faily easily by constant changes.

Honestly I would suggest just getting the airbus headset with the XLR-G/A adapter (not sure if it's Bose or third party).

View solution in original post

ShaunP
Participant
Registered since

Mar 1, 2021

Thank you for your reply, I'll definitely look into that!