Carrington Woods
Participant
Registered since

Jun 18, 2020

Bose A20 constantly connecting and reconnecting Bluetooth

I recently purchased the Bose A20 headset. When I turn them on and connect them to my iPhone via Bluetooth, it will stay connected for no more than 30 seconds. It will then disconnect from my iPhone with an audible descending beeping sound. After about 10 seconds, it will then reconnect with an audible ascending sound. This process will repeat about 5 times before the headset powers itself off.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Charlotte_G

Re: Bose A20 constantly connecting and reconnecting Bluetooth

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Charlotte_G

Hey @Carrington Woods,

Welcome to the Bose Community!

So sorry to hear that you're having some problems maintaining a Bluetooth connection with your A20 Aviation headset. I would love to help resolve this with you.

Have you had the chance to connect the headset with any other Bluetooth devices? If so, does the same problem occur?

I'd first recommend that you clear the pairing list. To do this, please follow these steps:

1. Power on your product
  2. Press the Bluetooth button to enable Bluetooth: the Bluetooth light begins be flashing
  3. Simultaneously press and hold the Bluetooth button and the Bluetooth volume down button (on the right side of the control module) for seven seconds.

Once you have done this, please let me know if the issue persists.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Charlotte_G

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Charlotte_G

Hey @Carrington Woods,

Welcome to the Bose Community!

So sorry to hear that you're having some problems maintaining a Bluetooth connection with your A20 Aviation headset. I would love to help resolve this with you.

Have you had the chance to connect the headset with any other Bluetooth devices? If so, does the same problem occur?

I'd first recommend that you clear the pairing list. To do this, please follow these steps:

1. Power on your product
  2. Press the Bluetooth button to enable Bluetooth: the Bluetooth light begins be flashing
  3. Simultaneously press and hold the Bluetooth button and the Bluetooth volume down button (on the right side of the control module) for seven seconds.

Once you have done this, please let me know if the issue persists.

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.

View solution in original post

Carrington Woods
Participant
Registered since

Jun 18, 2020

Hello,

It seems the problem has been fixed! Thank you for the advice. Clearing the pair list solved the issue! 

Carrington Woods 

jpleedy
Participant
Registered since

May 17, 2021

I am having the exact same issue w/ my brand new A20 headset.  I have tried the exact steps outlined in the referenced solution (including trying to pair with another device).  

I had the exact same issue on multiple devices.

The referenced solution did not change the behavior.

I will add one point of information to this thread, though:  If I am actually listening to something via the Bluetooth (e.g., Hall and Oates at this moment) the headset will not go through the unpair/pair cycle.  So to combat the issue yesterday in the air, I turned on music and just put it to minimum volume.

Are there any other known solutions or troubleshooting steps, or is my brand new A20 headset defective?

Respectfully,

Justin

Liam_G

Hey Jpleedy, Thank you for reaching out. Sorry to hear you are experiencing the same issue. 

Also, thank you for trying the previously mentioned troubleshooting as well. I will be happy to assist you further. 

Have you tried the Bluetooth connection in multiple locations or only while in the one particular aircraft? If you are unable to try in other aircraft, have you tried different areas in the same aircraft?

Where are you storing the phone while in the aircraft?

Also, did you clear the pairing on your devices as well as on the headset?

I look forward to hearing from you! 

jpleedy
Participant
Registered since

May 17, 2021

I have tried this in a variety of locations (in the aircraft, at home, etc.) and the phone is always right next to the control module for the headset.  I have cleared the pairing lists on both the headset and the devices to which I'm attempting to pair the headset.  

The aircraft is a Cessna 172 so the headset and device are never too far away!

Appreciate the follow-up.

Justin

Liam_G

Thank you for clarifying Justin! When you have tested the headset at home, are you noticing that the headset repeating the same issue? 

Have you tried other devices like other phones or tablets to see if it has the same disconnecting/reconnecting affect? 

Looking forward to hear from you.

jpleedy
Participant
Registered since

May 17, 2021

Hi -

Yes, same issue at home.  I have tested on an iPhone 12 Pro running iOS 14.5.1 and an iPad Air (3G) running iOS 14.4.2 and had the exact same behavior on both devices.

Also, per my original message, this issue DOES NOT occur when music is being played over Bluetooth.  With music going, the headset functions as I expect it to.  But, if I pause the music, it will unpair within 20 seconds and then re-pair usually within 5 seconds, and repeat the cycle endlessly until I restart the music or make a phone call.

Liam_G

Thank you for clarifying that Justin, glad to hear you have tested with other devices already. Sorry to hear you are still having connection issues. 

As this issue seems to only occur when the headphones are idle and connected to Bluetooth. it is likely an issue with the headset and will need a service. I recommend that you contact your local support team for further assistance and service options. 

I hope this helps!