Highlighted
KREY11
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 11, 2019

Bose X and Garmin 750 comm

I just installed a Garmin 750 GPS with built in comm panel in my plane. standard two plug jacks. My Bose A 20 works perfect. My Bose X headesets ( tried two of them ) wont work. You can hear or speak. I then tried an ancient pair of Dave Clarks and they worked fine. The Bose X headsets work perfect in other airplanes so I wonder if it has something to do with the Garmin 750. The inside of the battery case of the Bose X has tiny little switches. Not sure what they do. Too small to read.

Any ideas ?

1 REPLY 1

Re: Bose X and Garmin 750 comm

Hello KREY11,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community.

I'm sorry to hear that you are having some difficulty with using your Aviation X headsets on your Garmin 750.

As you have tested the headsets on another comm system, my next recommendation would be to switch the 'Audio Mono Stereo' switch when connected to your Garmin 750. Please toggle switch 6 in order to do this.

Attached below is an overview of the functionality of the operation switches within the control module.

Aviation Headset X - Explorer Battery Powered 2011.gifoperation switches aviation X.PNG

Please note: Switch 1 may show as 'UNUSED' or show 'Config D C' depending on the variant of the Aviation X headset that you have.

Should the issue persist after testing this, please do get back to us and we'll be happy to look into this further with you.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support