Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 9, 2020

Bose X connector

Good day to everyone! To connect the Bose X to the aircraft I need a connector. But before I need to know what the wiring diagram is used in Bose X. Is it like this? Confirm please.

Thanks!AmberS_1-1591731086560.png

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Bose X connector

Hello Amber, 

Welcome to the forums! 

I'd love to assist you with this. We made quite a few versions of the Bose X aviation headset. I need to confirm which one you have specifically. Please could you type your serial number into here and let me know which version you have?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Mar 12, 2020

Hi AmberS,

Further to Bose Vicki's response, there are a couple of extra pitfalls to be aware of.

Might be best to let us know the type of machine you are using it with too? If the Aircraft or Helicopter has a NATO socket, such as the one you have indicated, then you need to be careful you have the correct impedance Mic as well as just wiring a socket up? There are low and high Impedance versions for info. Further, if the Socket is not 'powered' (with 12v or 24V) then you will need a Bose X that has batteries built in to the Mic Lead to enable the Noise Cancelling to work?

Maybe in your reply you can add some more equipment and type of use information and maybe we can help a little more?

Best regards,

Larry

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 9, 2020

Hello, Larry! I’m going to use it with a different connector, not NATO helicopter. The microphone’ pin is P/N N100912-00270250-002, and Bose X number is 031969E62760163AE

Enthusiast
Registered since

Mar 12, 2020

Hi AmberS, Thanks for the reply. Still not enough info for me to help as a forum member, but it looks as though you are attempting to fit a U174 for a specific reason? Can I encourage you to look for a used complete Mic and Downlead Assy with that Plug Type on so that you can fit it to your Bose Headset? It will retain it's original Certification and more importantly work as intended, if it is compatible with your Aircraft type?

The U174 Plug is associated with Helicopters and Coiled Leads, but can have either Low or High Impedance Mic applications. Can I encourage you to type in as asked by Vicky and give Bose support a call if you want more specific info?

If you can find the funds, there are some used A20's out there too, which will be a better solution perhaps?

All the best,

Larry