Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 2, 2020

Bose X mic not working

My Bose aviation X mic will not pick up my voice when I plug it into my airplane. I can still hear perfectly fine but no one can hear me. 

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Bose X mic not working

Hi tmanbsa00,

Welcome to the community.

Just to clarify with you, as I know some aircraft allow for you to hear your own voice through the headset using Sidetone. When you say you can still hear perfectly fine, can you hear your own voice through the headset at all? If not, have you been able to previously?

Also, is this your first time using this headset with this airplane, or have you had it connected and working previously?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 30, 2020

I have the same problem, my mic all the sudden does not work. I can hear fine. I have tried it in the other jacks and in two other airplanes but the mic will not work.  I replaced the batteries but nothing seems to work.  Can this headset be repaired?  I read somewhere that Bose no longer supports or repairs the Aviation X headsets.  Is that correct?  If they can be repair what is the process?  Further if Bose will not repair them is there somewhere else that does repair them?

Thank you for your assistance,

Dan 

Highlighted

Hi Dan,

For information on repairing your headset you would need to reach out to your local support team. You can find the contact informationat this link, by selecting your country/region and then the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of the page.

Let us know how you get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Mar 12, 2020

For both Posts this may be relevant:-

For Bose X's where the Mic has stopped working, when previously it has been used on those Aircraft and worked OK, first thing to check is if the Mic Rotation Stop has been sheared. This will be evident if you gently rotate the Mic through 360 degrees and it should hit a stop. If it doesn't, then most likely it has been like that for a while and now twisted the very delicate wires inside the pivot and snapped one, or some, of them. A Mic & Down-lead Assy change can cure this and can be carried out quite simply by the User if you can find one for sale anywhere. Otherwise, this needs a return to Bose or an Agent to repair, but here in the UK, the Bose X support has finished, unless you can find an Agent who may have some old stock. Online Sites have them for sale sometimes if you look out for them. Otherwise it's an upgrade to an A20. Some Outlets are offering trade in allowances depending on country. Hope this helps.

Larry