Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 1, 2020

Brand new A20 - External humming/buzzing noise

Just received a new A20 the other day.  I noticed a loud humming or buzzing noise coming from the left ear cup when turning it on for the first time.  I flew 1.5hrs with it that same afternoon and when taking it off after shutdown, the noise was loud enough for my passengers to hear it.  Is this noise normal? 

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 12, 2020

Re: Brand new A20 - External humming/buzzing noise

As an Engineer, a few things to check before contacting Bose Support If I may suggest?

With it unplugged, and the batteries installed, switch on and see if you get the buzzing. Which earcup? Does operating the Volume controls make a difference?

if it only comes on once plugged into an Aircraft, have you tried another position in the Aircraft? Any portable devices in the Cockpit that could be interfering with the Headset? ADSB etc.

Lastly, a quick look in the Battery compartment and check where the dip switches are set, try mono to stereo etc.

Good luck.

Best regards,

Larry

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 1, 2020

The buzzing is coming from the outside left ear cup.  It happens whether it is plugged into the plane  or if it is unplugged inside my house.  There is no change with the volume control. 

Is this a normal thing with the A20?  Neither of my previous X or earlier generation Bose headsets did this.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 12, 2020

Hi nouseforaname,

Thanks for your reply. I feel that it is most likely a fault unfortunately, and most likely one of the Bose Staff will pick up on this for you. In the meantime, if I may suggest, I think it will be worth anticipating this and contact support in the Country you are in. To help - You can find them by clicking on the LINK HERE.

To answer your question, no this is not something I have come across before, unless other Contributors have.

Very sorry wasn't able to help more. Hopefully you will get it sorted.

All the best,

Larry

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 1, 2020

Thanks Larry!