sclera2002
Participant
Registered since

Feb 1, 2021

Can hear phone call audio but can't talk Bose A20

I have a Bose A20 connected via BT to Garmin 350c audio panel.  I can hear phone call audio but I can't talk to people.  I also tried connecting directly to my A20 via BT from my phone.  I use an iPhone XR.  Any suggestions.  Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
PartpilotUK
Advisor
Registered since

Mar 12, 2020

Re: Can hear phone call audio but can't talk Bose A20

Hi Sclera 2002

Reading your question, If I were faced with that issue, I would be tempted to go back to basics to fault find? (Is the A20 a newish Unit with the latest BT for info - worth checking that regardless.)

Connect the A20 to the Aircraft Panel via the plug and Downlead and make sure it functions OK. Then link the phone to the Headset (not the Garmin) via BT and check it works with Tel calls. (Make sure it hasn't picked up the BT on the Garmin Panel to avoid confusing matters.)

You may need to clear your library on the phone's BT settings to avoid clashes with previous pairings.

If this works, then you are halfway there. I suspect, from the limited info you have given, that the Garmin is picking up the BT Audio from the Phone only, and not the two way Telephone Pairing?

I would also read the Garmin Manual thoroughly to ensure it can take multiple BT (two way) connections? I feel there may be a clash there?

The key here is not just the one-way Audio, for music purposes, but two way Phone Calls?

If in doubt - clear the BT pairing off the Garmin and use the A20 with your phone conventionally and see how that goes?

As a general rule - older A20's could link via BT to Phones for two way, but not stream Audio the same way. Newer A20's with the later BT could stream Audio too.

Hope that helps with your fault finding.

If not, post a reply and a Bose Technician may join in and help?

All the best,

Larry

sclera2002
Participant
Registered since

Feb 1, 2021

Re: Can hear phone call audio but can't talk Bose A20

Thanks Larry. It does the same thing (audio with no mic) whether it is connected directly to the A20 or through the Garmin 350c audio panel. It makes me think the phone has a wrong setting. The A20 was purchased new less than a year ago. I’ll erase all the pairings and start over again.