Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 18, 2020

Connections 327070-1020 A20 bluetooth for alrets

Ils my A20  327070-1020 (with phone icon on button) compatible with my IPad or IPhone via Bluetooth for ForeFlight alerts, or even music?

tks in advance

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Connections 327070-1020 A20 bluetooth for alrets

Hi Epar,

Thanks for posting and joining the Community! 

If your A20 supports Bluetooth, which from the part number you provided it should, then you can definitely connect your iPad and iPhone to this with Bluetooth. Your devices will need to support either the HSP or HFP profiles to be able to connect to the headset, which most iOS devices do as far as I know. You can find more information on how to do this HERE.

I wouldn't be able to say for certain whether ForeFlights Alerts would be able to be used with this but I can't think of any reason why that shouldn't work. It may be something that you need to set up and test yourself.

I would be really interested to know how you get on with the alerts and I'm sure other users would as well so let us know how that goes!

If anyone else has had experience with this set up as well, please jump in and let us know!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 18, 2020

Thanks so much Keith_L

Nothing will do! I can connect my Bose A20 with either (not both simultaneously) IOS 13.3.1 IPad and IPhone11. I can phone or talk to SIRI on both devices, but CANNOT hear any music nor ForeFlight Alerts. Didn’t try this in the plane however. Should work without the plane!

music and alerts can be heard when my BoseA20 is connected via the headphone jack but not through Bluetooth. Tried playing with the BoseA20, side volume control and with the lower three position switch, with no success.

alerts and connecting both devices would indeed be very useful in flight. Music would be appreciated also.

any additional tips or ideas?

Thanks so so much for helping me.

Epar

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 18, 2020

Thanks again Keith_L 

I’m more and more under the impression that my A20 is of the early generation and by that, does not support music nor alerts via Bluetooth.

best regards

Epar

Highlighted

Hi Epar,

Thanks for the update!

That could be correct our original A20 headsets with Bluetooth did only support the HSP, HFP Bluetooth profiles to be used on calls. The v2 of the headset added support for A2DP as well. The v2 was released in Jul 2015, so if yours was manufactured before this it will only have the HSP and HFP profiles available.

Depending on how your devices are using these profiles it is possible that they won't stream music or alerts over the HSP or HFP profiles.

I would at this point recommend reaching out to your local support team to discuss whether they might have any options available to get what you are trying to do up and running. I can't guarantee they will but it is definitely worth enquiring!

You can find the contact information at this link, by selecting your country/region and then the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of the page.

I hope this information helps!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.