csoperfly
Participant
Registered since

Jan 30, 2021

E175 echo on A20

Recently upgraded to the E175 from the E145 and from the start have been experiencing and echo of my own voice when transmitting or talking to other crew members.  My A20s are 7 years old and I've never had an issue like this before.  I tried cleaning the plugs and installing new batteries.  I've operated 8 different E175s and have the same issue on both.  Asked around the pilot group and everyone says it's the Bose headsets and there isn't anything that can be done about it.  Help please.

6 REPLIES 6
Jessie_O

Re: E175 echo on A20

Hey @csoperfly

Thank you for reaching out to us! 

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing some issues with your A20 headset in the E175. I'll be more than happy to help you. 

To confirm, did you experience the same issue with the E145?

I look forward to hearing from you! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
csoperfly
Participant
Registered since

Jan 30, 2021

Hi Jessie, thank you for getting back to me.   No I never had an issue in the 140/145.  I just completed my second trip on the 175 and all 5 aircraft had the same issue. My FO also has the A20 and he said he has the same issue and has never found a fix. I tried switching the settings in the battery compartment but it only made it worse. Any guidance would be appreciated.  Thank you.  

Jessie_O

Hey Csoperfly, 

Thank you so much for confirming this and coming back to me. 

I am going to reach out to the team to see if there is anything we can recommend for you. 

In the meantime, I would recommend that you remove the Boom Mic give it a clean, and then reseat it. This should help to clear any debris and any issues that could have occurred because of this. 

I look forward to hearing from you!

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
csoperfly
Participant
Registered since

Jan 30, 2021

Thanks, its all cleaned up although there wasn't anything I could see on the Mic.  Do you think swithing to the ANR plug could help?

Jessie_O

Thank you for coming back to us @csoperfly and for trying these steps. 

I have contacted the team to see if there are any further steps we could try and will be in touch when they respond. 

Jessie_O

Hey Csoperfly, 

Thank you for your patience!

We have sent you a private message and encourage you to check it out. 

If there is anything else we can do, let us know!