FGIRV
Participant
Registered since

Jan 12, 2021

Headset A20 BT does not work to stream music

Bose product name: A20

Firmware Version: unknown, bought in summer 2020

App Version

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on: iphone 12 pro+ ios 14.3

I have a new (since a few months) A20 wich was working perfectly with my iphone 11. It does not work anymore with my iphone 12 with ios 14.3 using bluetooth : the headset is recognized and connected but it is impossible to hear the music played by the iphone. Phone calls work perfectly. My iphone 12 works well with other BT device like Bose revolve. I have tried many things, including a reset of the list in the A20 (press BT button and Minus sound for 7 secondes). Can you help me ? thank you

4 REPLIES 4
PartpilotUK
Advocate
Registered since

Mar 12, 2020

Re: Headset A20 BT does not work to stream music

Hi FGRIV,

While you wait for a Bose expert reply, one thing to check is to clear the A20 off your iPhone Bluetooth in Settings. Then re-establish contact and pair with it again. See if that fixes it?

IPhones auto transfer all the settings when you upgrade, but not necessarily the Pairings I find?

Assume you have a newer Bluetooth Bose A20 model with V2 as it was streaming before.

Good luck,

All the best,

Larry

Charlotte_G

Hey @FGIRV, welcome to the Bose Community!

I am very sorry to hear that you're unable to utilize the Bluetooth feature of your A20 Headset with your iPhone 12. 

You've been through some great steps to troubleshoot this already. When you cleared the pairing list, did you remove it from the Bluetooth list on your iPhone too? If not, please do so and clear the pairing list again. This will mean you can create a completely new connection. 

To identify if there is suddenly a problem with the Bluetooth capabilities, do you currently have another device you could test this with? I understand that you were able to connect to your iPhone 11, but it would be great just to confirm that they can still connect to another device. 

I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
FGIRV
Participant
Registered since

Jan 12, 2021

I am sorry to have wasted your time. The problem has been solved and was due to an error on my part. I have two A20s, a new one and an old one, but they were switched in their bags.The only visible difference is the label on the bluetooth button but I hadn't noticed that. So I tried by mistake and without success to make the old one work with the BT music. The new one works perfectly. Thanks for your help

PartpilotUK
Advocate
Registered since

Mar 12, 2020

Thanks for coming back on that, glad you got it sorted - definitely not wasting time.

Always good to get feedback so we can put in our 'mental database of cures'!

Hope you get some flying in and thanks also to Charlotte for coming to the rescue.

All the best,

Larry